Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward fights in Germany or England, will he be deducted pts for his style? Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
    I had him losing on points to miranda cause I deducted 70 points for holding on my card.
    Which fight did you find more difficult to watch. Ward/Miranda or Ward/Green?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
      Its just flat out ******ed. What he does is ANTI-BOXING.
      I feel like a lot of the generally pure boxing fan posters are stepping up to defend Ward. But what he does, isn't what Mayweather, Dawson and other technicians etc do.. Ward's style shouldn't be embraced by any of the NSB cliques.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        If he fights Froch on neutral ground and outclasses him like i think he will do you guys give him credit?
        Expect comments such as Froch wasn't all that great in the first place. He's slow and has crappy defense so this win don't mean a damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          So the final is slated for Vegas automatically? I suppose Ward can get away with his style there for the most part.
          Not nessicarily, the refs in vegas are pretty fair, Bayless, Cortez, Smoger are not so tolerant of the butting and clinching.

Comment

I feel like a lot of the generally pure boxing fan posters are stepping up to defend Ward. But what he does, isn't what Mayweather, Dawson and other technicians etc do.. Ward's style shouldn't be embraced by any of the NSB cliques.
            One clarification that I made on another thread was style or technique vs antics and habits.

Butting, Clinching, Elbowing, Charging head down are antics (illegal) which are not attibuted to a "style".

Ward may have technical abilities or "pure boxer" ability but his antics overtake his performance. IMO he loses alot of credibility as a "boxer type" and shows poor ring generalship. I personally don't care for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
              Not nessicarily, the refs in vegas are pretty fair, Bayless, Cortez, Smoger are not so tolerant of the butting and clinching.
              Cortez would be a nightmare for everyone involved. For good or for bad he'd do a couple things in this fight that would leave everyone scratching their heads. Smoger would be interesting. He doesn't like to interfere too much, but he's very good at giving fans what they want. Not sure how he'd handle this situation. Bayless is good, but I doubt he'd really challenge what's been the permitted status quo(Ward's Style) for the last couple fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
                One clarification that I made on another thread was style or technique vs antics and habits.

Butting, Clinching, Elbowing, Charging head down are antics (illegal) which are not attibuted to a "style".

Ward may have technical abilities or "pure boxer" ability but his antics overtake his performance. IMO he loses alot of credibility as a "boxer type" and shows poor ring generalship. I personally don't care for it.
                I think he can beat a lot of his opposition sticking exclusively to his boxing ability. The additional antics however guarantee these victories. I wonder how he'll fare without the added stuff, or if he'll be forced to fight without it. As of now, it looks like he can continue with his business as usual.

Comment

i would certainly hope so.

Comment

Andre Ward will never fight a world-class opponent outside California.

By world-class I mean Bute, Johnson and Froch. Abraham isn't a world-class super-middleweight, although he was a world-class middleweight, so there is a slim chance Ward will fight him in Vegas although not in Germany).

Ward must not have much confidence in his own boxing ability if he needs to rely on home refs who permit him to use illegal tactics.

Comment

Cortez would be a nightmare for everyone involved. For good or for bad he'd do a couple things in this fight that would leave everyone scratching their heads. Smoger would be interesting. He doesn't like to interfere too much, but he's very good at giving fans what they want. Not sure how he'd handle this situation. Bayless is good, but I doubt he'd really challenge what's been the permitted status quo(Ward's Style) for the last couple fights.
                      Cortez - Although he's made questionable calls lately, he didn't let that rough housing tactics fly with Hatton against Mayweather.

Smoger - I can't recall the fights, but I've seen him break clinches many times

Bayless - Of the three, IMO, has been most fair and pretty vocal when he needs to be.

Nady - isn't bad either though...come to think of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X