Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring's Current Top Ten P4P by Number of Countries They've Fought In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonito Donaire is not American, he is Filipino and he identifies as a Filipino.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather fought in Mexico. 2nd debut I guess.

Comment

Nice thread!

And BTW Nonito is born and raised in the Philippines then migrated to the U.S. at 11 years old.

Comment

I didnt realize Puerto Rico or canada were countries. Thought they were owned by the U.S.

Comment

Floyd wouldnt be undefeated if he would have taken fights overseas.......off the top of my head, castillo 1 comes to mind as a fight he most definitely would not have gotten the nod in.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              A fighter worth mentioning in this subject, although not included in The Ring's official P4P listings, is Anselmo Moreno.

He fought Cermeno in Venezuela, Patrac in France, Monshipour in France and Sydorenko in Germany twice.

Not as great a spread of countries as some of the others but they were all very tough fights in the opponents' backyards for probably not very much money, and Europe is a long way away from Panama after all.
              I was about to come in here say this... Good stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by Puck View Post
                Floyd Mayweather fought in Mexico. 2nd debut I guess.
                From what I can find that fight was in the U.S. state of New Mexico. If you have a different source, link me up and I'll see if I can get to the root of that, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  Nice thread!

And BTW Nonito is born and raised in the Philippines then migrated to the U.S. at 11 years old.
                  Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                  Nonito Donaire is not American, he is Filipino and he identifies as a Filipino.
                  Yeah, that one confuses me because he is listed in boxrec as BOTH a Filipino world champion AND an American world champion. He did represent the U.S. from what they have as an amateur in multiple games. Did he gain U.S. citizenship, does he have dual citizenship? Something like that? Or did boxrec just screw up their listings? Very confusing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SNVDoublePunch! View Post
                    Yeah, that one confuses me because he is listed in boxrec as BOTH a Filipino world champion AND an American world champion. He did represent the U.S. from what they have as an amateur in multiple games. Did he gain U.S. citizenship, does he have dual citizenship? Something like that? Or did boxrec just screw up their listings? Very confusing to me.
                    Maybe he is dual...

But yeah, frequently he identifies himself as a Filipino. He always used the national anthem of the Philippines and he frequently fights in the Pinoy Pride series...

Comment

Working...
                    X