Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Enjoy Watching Andre Ward Box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you've studied the sweet science (like I have) then there is much to appreciate in this young man's work.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Why can't you people work with me?
      What the **** you on about?

I went to public school, did I ever tell you that?

Look he has bad fights and it's kind of infuriating because he's got so much talent.

In a way it's like Berto, only Ward is more infuriating because he's much more talented.

Is he a Pac like exciting killer, hell no.

Can he be? I think he can.

I think that both fighters can be complicit in the hugging.

Or you can push the guy away and crack him. Sometimes I wish Ward did the latter more often, cuz he's talented enough to do it.

I just wonder if him getting rocked early in his career made him a tad more cautious.
      I understand where you're coming from.

I look at it as a fighter using the style that he feels will give him the best chance of winning. Some will be more exciting than others, but I guess overall it doesn't really bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
        What the **** you on about?

I went to public school, did I ever tell you that?

I understand where you're coming from.

I look at it as a fighter using the style that he feels will give him the best chance of winning. Some will be more exciting than others, but I guess overall it doesn't really bother me.
        im more inclined to be lenient if the fighters limited. like bika is or hatton. but ward doesnt seem to need to fight like this. except like jreck and others have said thats hes protecting the chin

Comment

Some fights he looks like andrekinwande ward, sometimes he looks like a beast. More often than not lately he's looked andrekinwande.

Stop comparing him to bhop. At this point in bhop's career, he was still the executioner. He started all the rough stuff waaaaaay later.

Comment

If you have seen some of his amateur fights and earlier pro fights, he can be very explosive when he wants to.

I've only seen this cautious approach in some of his more recent fights.

Honestly, I think all it takes is for an equally talented opponent to really push him to the limit and hopefully bring out the best in him - that would produce an entertaining fight.

I like watching Ward fight.

Comment

This is a trick question, so I didnt vote. The correct answer Ward does not box he grapples.

Comment

I like it.. just like I like Bernard Hopkins.

Sometimes that style is needed.. like when you're facing an incredible boxer. You need to smother him and push on him so he can't use his speed advantage over you, which is just as unfair.

It reminds me of an old school type of boxing. It's not the boxer's job to enforce the rules- that's why there's a referee. If the referee's not doing his job, then you take advantage.

The same way Mayweather admitted he uses the elbow for defense as many times as he can until the ref warns him, and that's when he stops.

It's all part of the game to me.

Comment

He's a tough out for anyone that's for sure.

I think he's relying on this holding and mauling too much, it's gonna hurt him in the long run....

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
                    im more inclined to be lenient if the fighters limited. like bika is or hatton. but ward doesnt seem to need to fight like this. except like jreck and others have said thats hes protecting the chin
                    That's cool, I respect your opinion.

It's definitely possible that he doesn't have confidence in his chin.

Comment

I really enjoyed the Bika fight. I like Ward a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X