Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Enjoy Watching Andre Ward Box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the shot to shit posters voted yes, interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      ...honest question

first off, i'm inclined to root for Ward for a few reasons;

1. he represented the USA in the Olympics and won gold
      2. he's a west coast fighter
      3. he seems like a humble guy

he's also a very skilled fighter...there are spots in Ward's fights where you can see him display great ring generalship, good footwork...good handspeed...a good control of his offensive arsenal

but it's just in spots...other times, its a jab then an underhook into a clinch...sometimes, its a jab and a headbutt then the underhook

an Andre Ward fight isn't exactly the perfect 'bait' to get a casual fan to become a follower of the sport...he's, at most times, painful to watch

so, my question is, do YOU enjoy watching Ward fight?

please vote and discuss
      He needs to man up and start fighting clean. He's going to be without a paddle the first time he fights out of Oakland vs a legitimate opponent and the ref says.. "Come on bro. Do that again and we're deducting points." At this stage, his style relies on what most consider illegal tactics. He will be much less invincible looking when he's not permitted to use those tactics. Also, his style is aesthetically nauseating. The man is a sleep aid.. And all this despite him being undefeated, an american olympian, good personality..

Comment

• ward's da ****

Comment

• Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          He needs to man up and start fighting clean. He's going to be without a paddle the first time he fights out of Oakland vs a legitimate opponent and the ref says.. "Come on bro. Do that again and we're deducting points." At this stage, his style relies on what most consider illegal tactics. He will be much less invincible looking when he's not permitted to use those tactics. Also, his style is aesthetically nauseating. The man is a sleep aid.. And all this despite him being undefeated, an american olympian, good personality..

Clinche fighting is not illegal and yeah it may look boring but it takes just as much out if you if nit more than boxing and staying outside..head butts do happen but when you're charging in you take that chance and risk being butted yourself. It may be boring to watch cause everybody wants to see PAC like combos but if someone grabbed PAC and ruffed him up like that he wouldn't be as effective..its the perfect style of fight to work your opponent over and punish them.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
            Clinche fighting is not illegal and yeah it may look boring but it takes just as much out if you if nit more than boxing and staying outside..head butts do happen but when you're charging in you take that chance and risk being butted yourself. It may be boring to watch cause everybody wants to see PAC like combos but if someone grabbed PAC and ruffed him up like that he wouldn't be as effective..its the perfect style of fight to work your opponent over and punish them.
            No I don't only want to see Pac like combos. People complain about Mayweather.. I think Mayweather's style of boxing is legitimate and aesthetically fair. However I do not want to see excessive clinching, posting and pushing with forearms, grab/spin and punching, 1 to 2 punch then dive and grab. As far as I'm concerned, leave in the headbutts if you have to cheat a little. It's all the other stuff that makes his fights impossible to watch and unfair to his opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reginald Miller View Post
              All the shot to shit posters voted yes, interesting.

Comment

• no, i must admit it's not really enntertaining to the casual fan, so i see him struggling with the appeal that someone like pacman would enjoy as his fights are pure entertainment...ward is very effective though and there is no doubt. he sticks to your chest and unloads but fouls a lot too.
                he's one of those fighters im looking forward to seeing get knocked out cold. but i give credit where it's due and i rank him top of the pile over his division. maybe if ward and bute can man up and leave home it would make for a good fight between them, but they dont like to fight away from home at the moment....

Comment

• somewhat...

His fight against BIkA was dirtier then your moms cooch. And more boring then a horus post. I don't like that he carries himself as this honest, str8 man, and then goes into the ring and does some str8 dirty sh.it

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    You guys call yourself boxing fans?

Appreciate the sweet science.
                    There's nothing sweet about Andre's science. It's a bitter, sour science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dro View Post
                      somewhat...

His fight against BIkA was dirtier then your moms cooch. And more boring then a horus post. I don't like that he carries himself as this honest, str8 man, and then goes into the ring and does some str8 dirty sh.it
                      You think a "godly" person is going to fight a certain way?

Comment

Working...
                      X