Mosley Competing With GBP For Pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    He owns part of the company

What does that have to do with a fight contract?
    There is something called conflict of interest.

In partnership contracts, there are usually (scratch that - always) clauses that say that you are required to act in the best interest of the partnership. Additionally, there are usually non-compete agreements in place.

So, Mosley isn't merely acting on his own behalf, he is acting in a manner CONTRARY to the business objectives of the partnership. He essentially says that in his tweet.

Have you ever had the chance to participate in a business?

In retrospect, it makes perfect sense when Schaefer said last week that he encourages Prince and Mosley to go read the contract.

Do you understand what I'm saying? We in agreement on THIS topic?

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
      i bet after the mosley fight manny will fight paul williams after williams has a mediocre win against some bum !!
      I'd be surprised if the williams deal was not already in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        There is something called conflict of interest.

In partnership contracts, there are usually (scratch that - always) clauses that say that you are required to act in the best interest of the partnership. Additionally, there are usually non-compete agreements in place.

So, Mosley isn't merely acting on his own behalf, he is acting in a manner CONTRARY to the business objectives of the partnership. He essentially says that in his tweet.

Have you ever had the chance to participate in a business?

In retrospect, it makes perfect sense when Schaefer said last week that he encourages Prince and Mosley to go read the contract.

Do you understand what I'm saying? We in agreement on THIS topic?
        You are trying so hard to make it seems like you make sense

Tell me the "clause'' in their ownership contract that says that.

You are making no sense trying to explain this dumb concept of business to me.

There are many partial owners of GBP and if they dont have a fight contract to GBP, they can fight whoever they want in whatever promotion they want

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          You are trying so hard to make it seems like you make sense

Tell me the "clause'' in their ownership contract that says that.

You are making no sense trying to explain this dumb concept of business to me.

There are many partial owners of GBP and if they dont have a fight contract to GBP, they can fight whoever they want in whatever promotion they want
          Sigh. It's hard to educate some people.

Let me explain again. Try not to let your hatred of me get in the way of simple common sense and what you learned in Business Law 101. And I will go slowly:

Golden Boy has a group of equity partners. five, ten whatever. In exchange for x% of the company, they sign partnership contracts with the company. I can GUARANTEE you that Mosley signed a partnership or owner's contract. otherwise, how else would he or anyone else know how much he owns?

Explicit (not just implicit) in that contract are responsibilities. That is the definition of a contract. In exchange for this, you will do that. Or you will NOT do that.

One of the things that Shane can NOT do is compete against the company. As an owner, he has what is called a fiduciary relationship. Feel free to look that up. No lawyer worth his salt would write a contract that entitles a minority partner to compete with the company from within the company.

If you can't understand this, or disagree with this, just move on. I can't help you past your emotional and/or intellectual block on this topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary

A fiduciary duty[2] is the highest standard of care at either equity or law. A fiduciary (abbreviation fid) is expected to be extremely loyal to the person to whom he owes the duty (the "principal"): he must not put his personal interests before the duty, and must not profit from his position as a fiduciary, unless the principal consents. The word itself comes originally from the Latin fides, meaning faith, and fiducia, trust.

In English common law the fiduciary relation is arguably the most important concept within the portion of the legal system known as equity. In the United Kingdom, the Judicature Acts merged the courts of equity (historically based in England's Court of Chancery) with the courts of common law, and as a result the concept of fiduciary duty also became usable in common law courts.

When a fiduciary duty is imposed, equity requires a stricter standard of behavior than the comparable tortious duty of care at common law. It is said the fiduciary has a duty not to be in a situation where personal interests and fiduciary duty conflict, a duty not to be in a situation where his fiduciary duty conflicts with another fiduciary duty, and a duty not to profit from his fiduciary position without express knowledge and consent. A fiduciary cannot have a conflict of interest. It has been said that fiduciaries must conduct themselves "at a level higher than that trodden by the crowd"[3] and that "[t]he distinguishing or overriding duty of a fiduciary is the obligation of undivided loyalty."[4]

Comment

As Mayweather Jr once said about Shane ... "kid is desperate"

Comment

mosley was last humiliated by floyd; who in the **** is he to deserve a fight with pac? come on son don't be ridiculous. You aren't some PPV staple dude.

at least get a win before you go lobbying for another mega bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Sigh. It's hard to educate some people.

Let me explain again. Try not to let your hatred of me get in the way of simple common sense and what you learned in Business Law 101. And I will go slowly:

Golden Boy has a group of equity partners. five, ten whatever. In exchange for x% of the company, they sign partnership contracts with the company. I can GUARANTEE you that Mosley signed a partnership or owner's contract. otherwise, how else would he or anyone else know how much he owns?

Explicit (not just implicit) in that contract are responsibilities. That is the definition of a contract. In exchange for this, you will do that. Or you will NOT do that.

One of the things that Shane can NOT do is compete against the company. As an owner, he has what is called a fiduciary relationship. Feel free to look that up. No lawyer worth his salt would write a contract that entitles a minority partner to compete with the company from within the company.

If you can't understand this, or disagree with this, just move on. I can't help you past your emotional and/or intellectual block on this topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary

A fiduciary duty[2] is the highest standard of care at either equity or law. A fiduciary (abbreviation fid) is expected to be extremely loyal to the person to whom he owes the duty (the "principal"): he must not put his personal interests before the duty, and must not profit from his position as a fiduciary, unless the principal consents. The word itself comes originally from the Latin fides, meaning faith, and fiducia, trust.

In English common law the fiduciary relation is arguably the most important concept within the portion of the legal system known as equity. In the United Kingdom, the Judicature Acts merged the courts of equity (historically based in England's Court of Chancery) with the courts of common law, and as a result the concept of fiduciary duty also became usable in common law courts.

When a fiduciary duty is imposed, equity requires a stricter standard of behavior than the comparable tortious duty of care at common law. It is said the fiduciary has a duty not to be in a situation where personal interests and fiduciary duty conflict, a duty not to be in a situation where his fiduciary duty conflicts with another fiduciary duty, and a duty not to profit from his fiduciary position without express knowledge and consent. A fiduciary cannot have a conflict of interest. It has been said that fiduciaries must conduct themselves "at a level higher than that trodden by the crowd"[3] and that "[t]he distinguishing or overriding duty of a fiduciary is the obligation of undivided loyalty."[4]
                i agree bro,He is over there kissing arum azz at his events,Yet still collecting
                a check from gbp.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
                  As Mayweather Jr once said about Shane ... "kid is desperate"
                  Shane has been doing this for 18 months.

I remember in the summer of 2009 how he was telling the media that a deal with Pac was in place.

Comment

no doubt roach will demand shane to weigh 143lbs

Comment

mosley is a ungrateful mofoker....GBP pretty much lifted his career when he was having trouble getting the big fights, even tho he wasnt a draw he still got fights from GBP..

Comment

Working...
                      X