Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katsidis deserves massive respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least 98% of that fight was toe-to-toe! I thought Michael might pull it off but the bodyshots did what they're supposed to do. I was flinching every time one landed. He did his brother proud!!

Larry isn't always the soul of tact...

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
      Not only for the way he carried on with the fight with so much honor, but for the way he fought JMM last night.

p.s Fuck Larry Merchant for that cheap shot at the end. You got your tears, I hope you're happy you senile old fool.
      Agreed.

Great effort.

Larry Merchants tactic at the end getting the warrior to blub was also agreed shameful.

Comment

Kats has only had 3 defeats against good/great champions and one could be argued that he won. Been watching this guy for a while and it ****s me no end that Green and Mundine get more exposure than him cos he is humble.

Larry should of just said It was a great performance and I sure your brother would of been proud of you. He kinda of proded at a question/statement and mad it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
          Kats has only had 3 defeats against good/great champions and one could be argued that he won. Been watching this guy for a while and it ****s me no end that Green and Mundine get more exposure than him cos he is humble.

Larry should of just said It was a great performance and I sure your brother would of been proud of you. He kinda of proded at a question/statement and mad it worse.
          In his defeat, Kat made a fan out of me. He went toe to toe, pressured Marquez, knocked him down (he looked more hurt than any of Pac's knockdowns too), and forced him to exchange fire to win. He literally brought out the very best offensive arsenal in Marquez, those combos were a thing of beauty. He answered, while he still could, with bombs himself and stung Marquez plenty of times.

As for Larry, what a piece of tash he is. I could see his intent, but his wording came out wrong, it seemed afterwards he only wanted to get the reaction from Katsidis, for HBO's benefit. What a stuopid motherfeck. retire already you senile bastard.

Comment

Props to Katsidis, he made it a war. Love to see him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post

Forgive my ignorance,

Danny Green really gets more exposure than Mike Katsidis down there??

One question,

Comment

Originally posted by MAN IN WHITE View Post
                Forgive my ignorance,

Danny Green really gets more exposure than Mike Katsidis down there??

One question,
                I dont think his promoters have done a good job with him. I dont get it, he looks the part, is a good guy and stand up man by all accounts, has an exciting style, power to burn, has been in the blood and guts wars casual and hardcore fans alike love, i just dont get why this guy aint a star or at least a star down Oz

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
                  Not only for the way he carried on with the fight with so much honor, but for the way he fought JMM last night.

Some of those body shots JMM was landing looked massive and Katsidis took them and kept trying to win even shocking the hell out of me by landing that massive bomb to drop JMM.

The guy is everything that is right with boxing. He's got massive character, he cares about the fans and he doesn't cheat them or the sport.

Its a shame that on a night where he's fighting a living legend in one of the most anticipated fights of the year, he's making a third of what that overrated Haymon BUM Berto got to fight some nobody no-hoper on the undercard.

That is a grotesque perversion of reality and pretty much sums up why boxing is a dead sport outside of us nuts who follow it religiously.

Massive respect to Katsidis, I hope HBO continue to pick up his fights and do right by him in the future.

p.s Fuck Larry Merchant for that cheap shot at the end. You got your tears, I hope you're happy you senile old fool.
                  +1

The guy just kept coming no matter what .

Win or lose this Katsidis is a must watch.

Comment

great fight...good stopage kenny...unlike that ****** laurence cole, katsidis fought with valor and it would have been nice if he couldve pulled it off for his brother. marqez really fought with class.

Comment

I also think JMM deserves a ton of credit for understanding on what the people want to see. He could have ran, boxed more and did the "smart" thing and made the fight much easier for him.

Instead he stood toe to toe and ****** it out with a tough fighter who is physically stronger than he is.

JMM is the man, at 37 yrs old and doing what he's doing is amazing, I don't think many people understand what it takes to do what he does.

Comment

Working...
                      X