My British and World P4P lists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
    Where's Matthew Hatton?
    hmmm actually he just won another bought, on the brink of a title shot. so perhaps i'll swap him for McCloskey. thanks, repped.

Comment

1. Manny Pacquiao
      2. Floyd Mayweather
      3. Sergio Martinez
      4. Carl Froch
      5. Andre Ward
      6. Nonito Donaire
      7. Jean Pascal
      8. David Haye
      9. Wladimir Klitschko
      10. Vitali Klitschko

This order is not iron-clad but those are the 10 best fighters in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
        cool thanks for spotting the mistake...

i'm open to criticism dude..

anyone think think i have Donaire too high, and that Moreno should be in the list? Also what about Juanma Lopez?
        I just don't like ripping people for their P4P choices. It really is subjective, some people emphasize resume, some skills, etc. Despite there being some obvious choices, they tend to differ a lot.

Since you asked, however, I do think Donaire is too high. Donaire has a lot of talent and skills, but his victory over Vic was too long ago.

I'm a fan of Moreno, I really like the way he goes about his business. IMHO, only one of the SDs on his record was actually close enough to be a SD. In the end though, I think he's more suited for a top 15 or 'could easily be there' placement, until he gets that big win he needs.

I think it's a funny time for boxing right now. It's really a transitional phase, with the old going out, and the new having to make their name. That's why it's a bit hard to compile a really good list IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
          Where's Matthew Hatton?
          Lend us 20million

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
            1. Manny Pacquiao
            2. Floyd Mayweather
            3. Sergio Martinez
            4. Carl Froch
            5. Andre Ward
            6. Nonito Donaire
            7. Jean Pascal
            8. David Haye
            9. Wladimir Klitschko
            10. Vitali Klitschko

This order is not iron-clad but those are the 10 best fighters in the world.
            No way you can have Haye ahead of Wlad. I'm a Haye fan and I think he has every chance of KO'ing Wlad, but his resume and recent wins are no wat better than Wlad's. He was the lineal CW champ but Wlad is the lineal HW champ.

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
            I just don't like ripping people for their P4P choices. It really is subjective, some people emphasize resume, some skills, etc. Despite there being some obvious choices, they tend to differ a lot.

Since you asked, however, I do think Donaire is too high. Donaire has a lot of talent and skills, but his victory over Vic was too long ago.

I'm a fan of Moreno, I really like the way he goes about his business. IMHO, only one of the SDs on his record was actually close enough to be a SD. In the end though, I think he's more suited for a top 15 or 'could easily be there' placement, until he gets that big win he needs.

I think it's a funny time for boxing right now. It's really a transitional phase, with the old going out, and the new having to make their name. That's why it's a bit hard to compile a really good list IMO.
            good post dude, repped. i agree that Donaire's win over Vic was long ago, but he hasn't really put a foot wrong since.

Comment

Can somebody explain why Martinez is anywhere near the P4P#2 spot please? I give the man his credit but what has he done really? A win and a loss against P.Will and a win over Pavlik. That's good enough for P4P#2? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
                No way you can have Haye ahead of Wlad. I'm a Haye fan and I think he has every chance of KO'ing Wlad, but his resume and recent wins are no wat better than Wlad's. He was the lineal CW champ but Wlad is the lineal HW champ.

good post dude, repped. i agree that Donaire's win over Vic was long ago, but he hasn't really put a foot wrong since.
                Thanks.

Green returned.

Comment

The British should not be allowed to compile a P4P list. You need knowledge to undertake such a task.

Comment

Originally posted by broxi51 View Post
                    froch's resume way better than bradleys
                    that i absolutely agree

Comment

Froch is 33. Bradley is 27. By the time Bradley is 33, his resume will be much better than Froch's.

Comment

Working...
                      X