No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Eyes Three HBO Appearances in 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Eyes Three HBO Appearances in 2011

DiBella Entertainment held a press conference on Saturday afternoon at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez. The Argentine is coming off a thrilling one punch knockout of Paul Williams.

[Click Here To Read More]

You know, I do like this talk that Dibella is giving and all that. But to me, I think that disqualifying Pirog as a worthy opponent (even if he isn't worthy) pretty much eliminates the possibility of Sergio fighting three times a year because the Middleweight division is weak and even though the fight with Paul did high ratings I don't think HBO is gonna accept just any opponent but I could be wrong.

I think the ideal line up for Sergio would be maybe a tune up fight with Andy Lee in New York because of his ability to sell tickets with Pirog on the undercard, and then if Pirog is impressive have Sergio fight him the second time in that year. Kind of like the way they built up the Taylor-Pavlik fight. A third HBO appearance is pipe dreams I think. I hate to say it, but HBO never gives any fighter three dates hardly.

Comment

Fight Pirog, Bute and the winner of the Super 6. Or go chasing a fighter 3 weight classes lower than you at a catchweight like Mayweather.

Comment

push for a serge - pac @ 154... go go go...

Comment

the reason martinez vs williams 2 had such high ratings was because of the pac vs cheato replay. if sergio can't get a fight vs pac or floyd then they should try the guy that had the highest ratings, cotto. but i doubt that too because arum already has plans for cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Fight Pirog, Bute and the winner of the Super 6. Or go chasing a fighter 3 weight classes lower than you at a catchweight like Mayweather.
            Check Hook u talk all this crap about how great PAC is but u want to shelter him from a legitimate threat like Sergio. U readily volunteer Mayweather to fight Paul Williams or Sergio but u discount ur main man PAC. It's like Khan wanting Bradley and Alexander to beat the heck out of each other before he is willing to face either one of them which is pure bs.

Comment

hope he tries to avenge his loss to margo......i think margo spanks him again!

Comment

angulo cintron pirog

Comment

ok really i understand a true light middle should fight at that weight to defend his title. Plus i truely believe either Pacquiao or Mayweather have to much skill for Martinez.. Martinez got a clear shot to P-Wil which come on everyone had to predict a KO once the opening bell, they were both going for it with less defense... All i hear is bull**** about fighting Manny.. Seriously if it seems not to happen with these welterweights then why not up? Bute, winner from Bika/ward? P-will gave him the chance for a rematch, im sure Margarito would let him get one to.. Get off Mannys balls he has already proved alot and is trying for a Mayweather fight... if not Berto... hell Berto hasnt fought a real fighter yet anyway.. Mayweathers opponents have been hand picked for a reason! Tonight i got my money on Bika for a KO, Marquez with KO, and Berto by decision because he will run around Hernandez because he is slower... Dont get me wrong i hope Berto gets caught with a hook..

Comment

Fantastic news, War Martinez!!

Comment

Working...
                    X