Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer: 'Floyd Not Afraid, Just Not Focused On Fighting Pacquiao'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's analyze schaefer's comments now shall we...

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    “Basically what I’ve been reading and hearing is that Mayweather is afraid of fighting Pacquiao or he would’ve agreed to the fight,” Schaefer said. “They say he must be hiding somewhere. I read it in blogs, I hear it from HBO commentators, a lot of people are saying it.

“We haven’t heard anything from Mayweather’s side, though.

schaefer admits right here he doesn't know why wifebeater is ducking the fight either

I feel we need to sit back and think for a second: What’s going on here.”
    it's simple. wifebeater don't want none of pac

Thus, Schaefer said, he has not been in a position to pursue a fight against Pacquiao or anyone else –- or even discuss it –- the past few months.
    if we look at the events leading up to nov, we see a different story.

1) team pac try and pursue a fight for nov with greenburg as the middleman and haymon representing wifebeater
    2) schaefer and haymon deny that there were any negotiations
    3) pac signs to fight marg
    4) wifebeater goes nuts, beats on his baby-momma, threatens to kill his kids, steals his baby-momma iphone, then he makes racist and ignorant rants on ustream, then he pokes a security guard in the eye, then he forces a former employee off the road.

wifebeater isn't in a position to pursue a fight now, but over the summer, wifebeater was in a position to pursue a fight w/ pac, but straight up ducked the fight... hell, he even ducked the negotiaitons!!!

“I don’t think Floyd really needs to make a statement on this,” Schaefer said. “People should be smart enough to realize that he’s in the middle of legal proceedings. His focus and energy is on that, clearing his name, not on making a fight. That’s just common sense.
    like i said, wifebeater didn't have legal troubles over the summer. he should've put his focus and engery to making a fight with pac instead of beating his ex, poking security guards in the eye, making racist and ignorant rants on ustream and running former employees off the road.

“Anything else would be disrespectful to a judge or the legal system. … He could say, OK, let’s fight Pacquiao in May or whenever and make a deal. How would a judge feel about that? You just don’t do that.”
    you know what's also disrespectful? denying there were any negotiations when there clearly were.

That doesn’t mean Mayweather doesn’t want the fight, Schaefer said.
    of course it does!!! if wifebeater wanted the fight, it would've happened in Nov.

“These comments that he wants to protect his ‘0’ are silly,” Schaefer said. “He fought De La Hoya when he was still in his prime. He fought Shane Mosley when everyone thought it would be a hard fight. He fought (Juan Manuel) Marquez.
    lols... DLH was not prime when wifebeater fought him.

wifebeater gets credit for beating mosley tho, however mosley also was on the wrong side fo 35.

JMM has no business fighting at 147 lbs.

Schaefer is a clown.

“And, no, he hasn’t just fought small guys. De La Hoya and Mosley were both bigger than he was.
    DLH was bigger, but Mosley wasn't bigger than wifebeater. wifebeater was around 160 lbs for that fight.

The fact is he hasn’t ducked anyone.”
    lols... he ducked pac, tszyu, cotto, marg, casamayor, freitas, etc...

Mayweather’s critics would say that money was the only reason he agreed to fight De La Hoya. If that’s the case, Schaefer would say, then it follows that he would fight Pacquiao for the same reason even if it meant risking his perfect record.
    here's the catch schaefer... dlh had a slim chance of beating wifebeater, and wifebeater knew it. however with pac, wifebeater knows he's in the fight of his life. hence the duckage.

“No matter how rich you are, who couldn’t use that kind of money?” Schaefer said. “I believe that Floyd truly loves the sport, he loves to fight. He’s also a businessman, though. If you add these things up, why wouldn’t he want to fight Pacquiao?
    cause he's scared and has *****ed his pants.

It just has to be the right deal at the right time.
    in other words, wifebeater has to let pac fight in more wars while he sits on the sidelines and when he feels pac is softened up, he swoops in to beat the shell of pacquiao.

“… And there’s nothing wrong with wanting the right deal.
    yeah there is... if you're ducking a prime pac

Mayweather has never ducked anyone.
    lies

What he might’ve done is make decisions that have allowed him to maximize his earning power.
    yep, and his earning power relies on him being undefeated, hence duckage

I applaud him for that.”
    you would, cause as long as he keeps his 0 you get paid

Some have criticized Pacquiao for maximizing his earning power by fighting the likes of Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito. Schaefer defended Mayweather’s rival, too.
    if wifebeater stepped up to the plate we wouldn't have to see those fights.

"I can assure you," he said, "that when the time is right, he'll fight Pacquiao and beat Pacquiao."
    yeah, he's gonna let pac fight in more wars and when pac is a shell of himself, that's when wifebeater is gonna strike.

Comment

I'm just wondering why Schaefer is lying and guessing that Floyd won't fight because of his legal issues. Everyone knows, as we are constantly reminded by a handful of posters, that the ONLY reason this fight isn't happening is because Pacquiao refuses to undergo OST. I mean, Floyd can't wait to sign the contract and get in the ring with Manny... but he can't unless it's with full OST.

Surely, Schaefer- Floyd's promoter the last few years- knows this. So why hasn't he let the world know the true reason why Floyd keeps turning down a Pacquiao fight?

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
        Pacquiao fought an older dehydrated De La Hoya

A shot Cotto

An African with no fight game.

and a big immobile punching bag with no skills.
        He beatdown that DLH faster then Floyd
        Floyd DUCKED that Cotto, the African with no fight game, and that big immobile punching bag with no skills, so really their isnt room for Floyd or you to talk..

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          I'm just wondering why Schaefer is lying and guessing that Floyd won't fight because of his legal issues. Everyone knows, as we are constantly reminded by a handful of posters, that the ONLY reason this fight isn't happening is because Pacquiao refuses to undergo OST. I mean, Floyd can't wait to sign the contract and get in the ring with Manny... but he can't unless it's with full OST.

Surely, Schaefer- Floyd's promoter the last few years- knows this. So why hasn't he let the world know the true reason why Floyd keeps turning down a Pacquiao fight?
          Seriously right? Funny how the guys involved in the actual negotiations arent vocal about the OST NO CUT OFF issues as alot of these *****s fans are on these boards.. Seems as if it wasnt even an issue..

Comment

Richard speaks very well, and it would almost make sense if not for the following:

If Floyd's concentrating on his legal issues, and even just TALKING about his PROFESSION is disrespectful to court proceedings, what does a judge consider two succeeding assault accusations after he's already under investigation for domestic abuse? Recreation?

It's bull****. He's talking out of his ass, but kudos to him for making it sound almost logical.

Comment

Let's hope the 3rd round of negotiations (I see you Ellerbe) go well

Pacquiao-Mayweather in May 2011, can't wait

Comment

whatever richard...youre boy is a coward, thats what the public sees him as....

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  let's analyze schaefer's comments now shall we...

schaefer admits right here he doesn't know why wifebeater is ducking the fight either

it's simple. wifebeater don't want none of pac

if we look at the events leading up to nov, we see a different story.

1) team pac try and pursue a fight for nov with greenburg as the middleman and haymon representing wifebeater
                  2) schaefer and haymon deny that there were any negotiations
                  3) pac signs to fight marg
                  4) wifebeater goes nuts, beats on his baby-momma, threatens to kill his kids, steals his baby-momma iphone, then he makes racist and ignorant rants on ustream, then he pokes a security guard in the eye, then he forces a former employee off the road.

wifebeater isn't in a position to pursue a fight now, but over the summer, wifebeater was in a position to pursue a fight w/ pac, but straight up ducked the fight... hell, he even ducked the negotiaitons!!!

like i said, wifebeater didn't have legal troubles over the summer. he should've put his focus and engery to making a fight with pac instead of beating his ex, poking security guards in the eye, making racist and ignorant rants on ustream and running former employees off the road.

you know what's also disrespectful? denying there were any negotiations when there clearly were.

of course it does!!! if wifebeater wanted the fight, it would've happened in Nov.

lols... DLH was not prime when wifebeater fought him.

wifebeater gets credit for beating mosley tho, however mosley also was on the wrong side fo 35.

JMM has no business fighting at 147 lbs.

Schaefer is a clown.

DLH was bigger, but Mosley wasn't bigger than wifebeater. wifebeater was around 160 lbs for that fight.

lols... he ducked pac, tszyu, cotto, marg, casamayor, freitas, etc...

here's the catch schaefer... dlh had a slim chance of beating wifebeater, and wifebeater knew it. however with pac, wifebeater knows he's in the fight of his life. hence the duckage.

cause he's scared and has *****ed his pants.

in other words, wifebeater has to let pac fight in more wars while he sits on the sidelines and when he feels pac is softened up, he swoops in to beat the shell of pacquiao.

yeah there is... if you're ducking a prime pac

lies

yep, and his earning power relies on him being undefeated, hence duckage

you would, cause as long as he keeps his 0 you get paid

if wifebeater stepped up to the plate we wouldn't have to see those fights.

yeah, he's gonna let pac fight in more wars and when pac is a shell of himself, that's when wifebeater is gonna strike.

[/INDENT]
                  In how many words can I break down, "you need a life" ?

You should look back at what you just did and think about it. Pitiful

Comment

"They’re going to remember Mayweather from the one who was scared of Pacquiao. That’s just alright."

-Floyd Sr

Comment

Richard Schaefer says,

“Anything else would be disrespectful to a judge or the legal system. … He could say, OK, let’s fight Pacquiao in May or whenever and make a deal. How would a judge feel about that? You just don’t do that.”

This Schaefer is insulting our intelligence. What the hell is the judge got to do with fighting Pac? How would a judge feel??? What an idiotic remark.

No judge would ask litigants to halt livelihood while the case is being heard. This statement of Schaefer is downright dumb. Furthermore, judges don't impose hearing dates without first consulting both parties.

This excuse is LAME... pathetic people insulting fans intelligence.

[QUOTE]
                      "I can assure you," he said, "that when the time is right, he'll fight Pacquiao and beat Pacquiao."[QUOTE]

This is a clear case of avoiding a fight... I am sorry but I just can't interpret this any other way. This is disgusting.
                      "When the time is right"... baloney

Comment

Working...
                      X