Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Roy Jones a coward for not defending his title against Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    I mean after all, Jones did win a heavyweight title right? He moved up in weight, beat John Ruiz, then, like the coward he is, went back down in weight, rather than fight Lennox Lewis. What a coward! That's an obvious duck, much like pacquiao who clearly is ducking MW Martinez.
    if pac is a coward for ducking martinez at 154, then RJJ was a coward for ducking Lewis at HW.

tit for tat

Comment

Roy Jones would have been violated by Lewis that's his reason. The outcome would be obvious... Lewis via KO.

Comment

Jones was just making history by fighting the perfect game plan against a heavyweight champion. The belt he won was and still is a recognised belt so in my opinion he was a legitimate heavyweight champion although he didn't defend it. But you can't blame him for not defending it, he came into that fight 7 under the 200 limit so why would he stay around in a division to get annihilated by bigger, faster and better opposition.

He said he was making history and that's what he did!

Comment

Originally posted by toysale View Post
          Jones was just making history by fighting the perfect game plan against a heavyweight champion. The belt he won was and still is a recognised belt so in my opinion he was a legitimate heavyweight champion although he didn't defend it. But you can't blame him for not defending it, he came into that fight 7 under the 200 limit so why would he stay around in a division to get annihilated by bigger, faster and better opposition.

He said he was making history and that's what he did!
          right and pac weighed in at 144 pounds so why would pacquiao continue to fight at 154 pounds?

Comment

How much did Lennox Lewis weight?

Comment

right and pac weighed in at 144 pounds so why would pacquiao continue to fight at 154 pounds?
              Well he's obviously not meant to be fighting at that division so I don't blame him for not wanting to fight Sergio.

I think it's just the fact that he won a 154 belt when the fight was at 150 which annoys people the most. If your fighting for a belt at 154 the fight should be 154, not 150.

However, he still won an alphabet title at 154 so it does make history regardless.

Comment

I wouldn't call any fighter a coward. That's quite ridiculous.

BTW didn't Jones say that he wanted to fight Lewis after he had beaten Ruiz?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I wouldn't call any fighter a coward. That's quite ridiculous.
                  it was sarcasm.

My point is to show how ****** it is to all these people *****ting on pacquiao for him wanting to go back down to 147 to fight guys his own size, rather than go up to 154 to fight sergio martinez.

Roy Jones is obviously a more extreme example, but still it's the same idea. No one really thought Jones was the best heavyweight champion in the world after beating Ruiz and no one demanded that Jones fight Lewis/Klitschko or whoever else was at the top at that time and I'm sure no one cried he was ducking anyone when he decided to go back down to light heayweight.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
                    If he can't fight a HW champ, he shouldn't be called a hw champ.

Roy was a coward and an opportunistic cherrypicker.

By your logic, we can't consider him a real hw champion because he's an obvious fraud.
                    Ruiz was a HW champ. Margarito has never been ranked as a top ten JMW. To make matters worse it was at 150.

Jones' HW strap > Pacquiao's JMW strap and it ain't close.

Comment

it was sarcasm.

My point is to show how ****** it is to all these people *****ting on pacquiao for him wanting to go back down to 147 to fight guys his own size
                      , rather than go up to 154 to fight sergio martinez.

Roy Jones is obviously a more extreme example, but still it's the same idea. No one really thought Jones was the best heavyweight champion in the world after beating Ruiz and no one demanded that Jones fight Lewis/Klitschko or whoever else was at the top at that time and I'm sure no one cried he was ducking anyone when he decided to go back down to light heayweight.
                      Why are you that concern?

Comment

Working...
                      X