Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D.Rafael: "Cotto-Tony II in new Giants Stadium on June 11. JCC Jr fights the winner"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    My point is that Arum wouldnt put the fight in New York if it didnt make financial sense.
    Yeah agree of course but do you think Cotto would accept a fight with Margarito or Chavez JR in the Home Depot Center for the Cinco De Mayo

Comment

Originally posted by Chaconlittlered View Post
      Yeah agree of course but do you think Cotto would accept a fight with Margarito or Chavez JR in the Home Depot Center for the Cinco De Mayo
      Yes if Margs or Chavez were the bigger draws and thats where Top Rank wanted the fight he would. The first Margs Cotto fight was in Vegas which has a lot more Mexicans then PRs

Comment

Yes if Margs or Chavez were the bigger draws and thats where Top Rank wanted the fight he would. The first Margs Cotto fight was in Vegas which has a lot more Mexicans then PRs
        I can still hear MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO ringing in my head....from Juanma-Marquez lol

Comment

Actually I was there and there were alot of PR Mexican barely out numbered PR I was next to PR they were cool kats but man there sad when Cotto thruw the towel hell i was in shock at what Margo was doing but still Las Vegas is still a neutral site

Comment

Originally posted by rican411 View Post
            I can still hear MEXICO MEXICO MEXICO ringing in my head....from Juanma-Marquez lol
            Can you imagine what Penalosa and Concepcion were hearing

Comment

Actually I was there and there were alot of PR Mexican barely out numbered PR I was next to PR they were cool kats but man there sad when Cotto thruw the towel hell i was in shock at what Margo was doing but still Las Vegas is still a neutral site
              The fact that the fight only sold 10,400 seats and that Prs were equal to Mexicans in the crowd(from your estimate) doesnt bode well for Mexican fight fans in Vegas. If the fight was in New York the crowd would no doubt be mostly PRs and there is a much larger Mexican population here then there is a PR population in Vegas.

Comment

Can you imagine what Penalosa and Concepcion were hearing
                Yeah but Penalosa and Concepcion wouldnt draw in a neutral venue against Juanma thats why the fights were made in PR.
                Last edited by ny123; 11-25-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ny123;9667467]The fact that the fight only sold 10,400 seats and that Prs were equal to Mexicans in the crowd(from your estimate) doesnt bode well for Mexican fight fans in Vegas. If the fight was in New York the crowd would no doubt be mostly PRs and there is a much larger Mexican population here then there is a PR population in Vegas.[/QUOTE

it does but Margo vs Williams sold out the home depot Center
                  so if they do it in LA would be the same as in NY I think

Comment

Yeah but Penalosa and Concepcion wouldnt draw in a neutral venue against Juanma thats why the fights were made in PR.
                    Yeah that's why pinoy alway fight in Mexico

Comment

it does but Margo vs Williams sold out the home depot Center
                      so if they do it in LA would be the same as in NY I think[/QUOTE]

Yeah in Cali it would probably sell much better then Vegas and could probably do similar numbers to NY.

Comment

Working...
                      X