No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Margarito Brings 1.15 Million Pay-Per-View Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty FSM View Post
    It was announced by Mark Taffet, the senior vice president of sports operations and pay-per-view at HBO, that Manny Pacquiao's fight with Antonio Margarito generated 1.15 million pay-per-view buys and $64 million dollars in pay-per-view revenue. The fight took place on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Pacquiao has been involved in at least one pay-per-view for the last three years that sold over a million units. He sold 1.25 million for the bout with Oscar De La Hoya in 2008 and 1.2 million for Miguel Cotto in 2009. Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum expected at least 1.25 million for his fight with Margarito.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    that's not bad considering pac/marg was a hard sell... with marg coming off a devastating loss to mosley where he was caught with plaster inserts, an obscure fight in mexico, and his inability to get his liscense.

i always said this fight would do less than the cotto fight but better than the clottey fight.

Comment

You guy ******. USA is MULTINATIONAL country. Not just black and many live in ****** cannot afford. USA many Mexican and Ph support fight so don't say Mayweather do better because American fighter.

People more watch Mayweather but Manny do good too 1m+.

Comment

1.4>1.1!

So, no one can say shyt when pbf starts crying for more cash and pacq runs to another BS bout. He is "DUCKING" if he doesn't meet pbf's demands. Thats the logic commonly used around here so don't start spinning shyt when pacq gets undressed at the negotiating table.

Now lets see who holds up the fyght whenever they attempt to negotiate it.

Comment

who cares about U.S. BASED HBO PPV numbers that favors home town/country boxers...floydie can have that, but pac outsells and are more famous than floydie outside of the u.s. by even a wider margin ;o)

floydie is basically nothing outside of the u.s. market...he dont have any international sponsor, much less a sponsor in his own country

Comment

Margarito was born in America, He is American.
            (born on March 18, 1978 in Torrance, California)

People act Like America is one monolithic set of people who all think the same and look the same.

This is one of the most diverse places in the history of mankind.
            Manny Pacquiao is not some new sight to behold in America

There are 307,006,550 million people in the U.S.A
            Asian alone are 4.5% = 13.8 million
            Filipino's Alone are 1.5% = 4 million

The Filipino American community is the second largest Asian American group in the United States. Filipino Americans are also the largest subgroup of Overseas Filipinos.

Meaning that Manny Pacquiao being filipino has nothing to do with him being a draw.

He has fought and done business in America for almost a decade now.
            the guy is not Household name. But he has a big presence in large regions of America.

I would argue more People in America recognize Manny Pacquiao
            over Andre Dirrell

over Kelly Pavlik

over Miiguel Cotto

over Matt Huges

and the list goes on and on.

Manny Pacquiao
            is a top 3 draw in all of combat sports.

I would say him and Brock Lesner are tie or a toss up.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Manny P View Post
              You guy ******. USA is MULTINATIONAL country. Not just black and many live in ****** cannot afford. USA many Mexican and Ph support fight so don't say Mayweather do better because American fighter.

People more watch Mayweather but Manny do good too 1m+.
              thanks for trying to explain, but you dont get the concept...
              let me take this down one notch so you can understand.
              if you were on a football team that came to my state that played anohter out of state football team and played on a saturday..
              and my home state football team played another home state team on a sunday, which game would generate more viewers?
              thats the concept im try to explain

Comment

Originally posted by indystress View Post
                your mind is twisted my friend...more popular in a sense as compared to other u.s. boxers, persay...you're making yourself lost
                Yeah, more popular. That's why they sell more, dummy. You act like America is full of one certain type of individual or something.

Comment

Originally posted by indystress View Post
                  who cares about U.S. BASED HBO PPV numbers that favors home town/country boxers...floydie can have that, but pac outsells and are more famous than floydie outside of the u.s. by even a wider margin ;o)

floydie is basically nothing outside of the u.s. market...he dont have any international sponsor, much less a sponsor in his own country
                  now its who cares about us market lol. haters are funny. if manny did more you be going crazy but since manny has yet to sell more than floyd you say who cares. im sure manny sold more in ireland thats all that matters lol. theres a reason why manny highest pay day is 15 mill and floyd was making that years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                    Margarito was born in America, He is American.
                    (born on March 18, 1978 in Torrance, California)

People act Like America is one monolithic set of people who all think the same and look the same.

This is one of the most diverse places in the history of mankind.
                    Manny Pacquiao is not some new sight to behold in America

There are 307,006,550 million people in the U.S.A
                    Asian alone are 4.5% = 13.8 million
                    Filipino's Alone are 1.5% = 4 million

The Filipino American community is the second largest Asian American group in the United States. Filipino Americans are also the largest subgroup of Overseas Filipinos.

Meaning that Manny Pacquiao being filipino has nothing to do with him being a draw.

He has fought and done business in America for almost a decade now.
                    the guy is not Household name. But he has a big presence in large regions of America.

over Andre Dirrell

over Kelly Pavlik

over Miiguel Cotto

over Matt Huges

and the list goes on and on.

Manny Pacquiao
                    is a top 3 draw in all of combat sports.

I would say him and Brock Lesner are tie or a toss up.
                    [/QUOTE]

so out of the 300 million us population are 13.8 mil asian..
                    according to 2010 census bureau, blacks/americans account for over 200 mil...and yet mayweather/mosley can only out PPV pac/margarito by 150,000.

Comment

Wow. I'm so shocked at how biased this site is

Comment

Working...
                      X