• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

150 K more then Mayweather Marquez

*****s owned again

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      no. because it is about expectation. as the article said, top rank expected much more.

margarito is the most popular mexican fighter and they had a 24/7.

$10 million is a lot of money...right? but not to bill gates.

context.
      What the hell are you talking about? Since when was Tony the most popular Mexican fighter? Clearly, it's Marquez... I don't even know how you can try to argue this.

And GBP expected 3-4 million buys for Mayweather-Mosley... so by your logic 1.4 million buys was an epic failure of disastrous proportions, right?

Comment

Originally posted by CUNG LE View Post
        150 K more then Mayweather Marquez

*****s owned again
        it did one million less than FLoyd-DLH

******* Faiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil

Comment

Good numbers. Anytime a PPV sells over a mil is great for boxing. *****s and *******s need to stop with this bull of arguing over who sells more PPV's, none of you are ever going to see any of that money so stop arguing about it. Truth is the numbers that both guys do is great for boxing. Stop being fanboys of boxers and enjoy boxing itself. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
            Maybe it's just me, but I think anything over 1 million buys is damn good.

Think about it. A milion. That's a lot. LOL.
            Indeed, it IS great. It's about right where I thought it would be. I knew Pac could get the 1 million himself at this point.

The people that think this is not great are the ones upset that Pac STILL has yet to sell more than Mayweather. Even when fighting the same fighters or not. More people are upset because they're expecting Pac to beat Floyd's numbers and he always comes up short.

Mayweather > Pac in PPV #'s, money and draw if you like it or not. It's just a fact and the numbers don't lie, people do.

The villain always has more paying "customers" IMO. They get the "fan boy" haters paying to see him lose and then his fans paying to see him fight.

By evaluating the situation there's a reason people are so pissed that keep paying to see Floyd lose. It's brilliant on Floyd's part as he's not as exciting as Pac yet still does great (better) numbers. He's technical which is not always the fan favorite but he's made his point time and time again that he still sells more.

At the end of the day Arum expected more, Mayweather haters/Pac fans expected more, Mayweather fans/Pac haters expected less BUT like you said anything over 1 million is great and I think the same.
            I can only imagine what Mayweather vs Pac would do PPV/money wise.... Might give the all time record a run for its money IMO.

Comment

its very ***** to compare HBO PPV NUMBERS based on the usa market only...isnt it obvious and common sense that two americans fighting in their own country would bring in more PPV NUMBERS than two foriegners?

two foreigners generating 1.15mil is just as good or better than two americans generating 1.4, being that its two americans fighting on their home court...only a fool cannot comprehend this concept.

do you think two usa pro boxers fighting in japan would do better numbers/viewers against sumo wrestling?
              Last edited by indystress; 11-23-2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

actually great buys for pac not facing a washed up guy no longer in his prime. mayweather wouldnt do that against a bum. delaya still better than both these guys , these dudes trying to pretend to be stars of delahoyas caliber,wont happen. oscar fought,quartey,trinidad,mosley,vargas ,mayweather,hopkins . pac has yet to fight top dudes in their prime.he only beats up on washed up guys. and maywether almost is in the same boat,he has better wins however, people hate the guy but his skills are unparalled , thats what keeps him in the conversation. .

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
                  actually great buys for pac not facing a washed up guy no longer in his prime. mayweather wouldnt do that against a bum. delaya still better than both these guys , these dudes trying to pretend to be stars of delahoyas caliber,wont happen. oscar fought,quartey,trinidad,mosley,vargas ,mayweather,hopkins . pac has yet to fight top dudes in their prime.he only beats up on washed up guys. and maywether almost is in the same boat,he has better wins however, people hate the guy but his skills are unparalled , thats what keeps him in the conversation. .
                  So Margarito is no longer prime.. ok

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
                    it did one million less than FLoyd-DLH

******* Faiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil

Comment

Originally posted by IAMBIAZED View Post
                      So Margarito is no longer prime.. ok
                      Hard to think he is when Pac's own trainer said "I saw your last two fights"

Comment

Working...
                      X