Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Margarito at 1.1 Million PPV Buys... well short of Mayweather's 1.4 million.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
    with out the MEXICANS this PPV would have the same number as the Clottey fight
    The same 12-15,000 Mexicans who bought the PPV for his Garcia fight?

I doubt it was the Mexican fan base honestly, everyone was expecting a record crowd in Cowboys stadium solely on the notion that Margarito's massive Mexican fan base would fill up the stands... but it was well short of that. So if Mexicans didn't show up to the stadium, why would they buy the PPV?

I think it had more to do with new casual fans being brought in by Pac- his performance on Kimmel that went viral, 60 minutes, ads run during football games, etc. And of course 24/7 never hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
      So at best, it will match the 1.25M that Pac-Cotto did.
      Mayweathe-Mrarquez was at 1.0M initially, and then it rose up to 1.1M.

Good number for Pac, disappointing as Mayweather-Margarito surely would have done 1.75M, but you take what you can get.

I will say one thing, if Pac fights Mosley or Marquez next, no one is going to buy those PPVs because the public has already seen what Floyd Mayweather has done to those two fighters.

A Berto fight would also flop. As would the Bradley/Alexander winner.

Pacquiao has one option. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
      based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus
        Yeah, they thought Mayweather-Marquez was a much bigger joke, and Mayweather-Marquez did 1.1M. Nice excuse though.
        Isn't Floyd American? Aw yeah He's African so yeah..

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          based on what?
          My opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by featherFist View Post
            .... not to mention the amount of Naggers riding on American tax paying citizen's dollars have increased!
            why is this even allowed on here

sometimes I wonder if the admins running this place like this type of action to stir up everything

either way it sucks and needs to stop

Comment

These are pretty good numbers, man. Pretty effin good. Let's face it, Manny wasn't going to find a guy to match Floyd's #'s last May so I think he did a nice job here. Still might hurt his bargaining position but doesn't look like Manny is interested in a Floyd fight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                My opinion...
                so long as you know your opinion is above Mayweather's average for his last 5 PPVs then cool

Comment

I don't care for all this May-Pac money split or who brings in more business rubbish. All i'm saying is this is a brilliant result for boxing, 2 non americans bringing in over a mill is outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                    why is this even allowed on here

sometimes I wonder if the admins running this place like this type of action to stir up everything

either way it sucks and needs to stop
                    I do not know why it is allowed either. The admins should not be allowing crap like that.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMBIAZED View Post
                      What? an easy, one-dimensional asian midget fighting old, slow, weight drained, and non-prime fighter getting 1.1M PPV buys and still counting? Holy Camote what were people thinking?
                      and one who doesnt even have a tweeter and facebook?

Comment

Working...
                      X