Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
    As things stand, it's undeniably Manny Pacquiao. However I don't think the gap is so big that Floyd couldn't overtake him by beating him.
    its at the point where even if fmj beats manny, he would be beating a manny that has been in some wars and took some punishment in his last fight...fmj has been pretty much on the shelf...

Comment

Bait Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        if they both stopped boxing today, pacquiao.

the guys who take the bigger risks those are the guys whose legacies continue to rise over time.
        What "risk" has Pacquiao been taking lately? Margarito at 150? Clottey? Hatton? Damaged goods Cotto at a catchweight? Get real, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
          I made poll a couple of years ago...

But since then, Floyd has returned to boxing and had a couple of decision wins, while Pacquiao has added 4 more wins over bigger fighters: Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter?
          Mayweather jr will.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            its at the point where even if fmj beats manny, he would be beating a manny that has been in some wars and took some punishment in his last fight...fmj has been pretty much on the shelf...
            How much punishment did he really take?

A few good body shots, and a few uppercuts... other than that, the guy didn't have a mark on him.

I thought Clottey busted him up more than Margarito...

The last time I saw Pac take punishment is against JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              How much punishment did he really take?

A few good body shots, and a few uppercuts... other than that, the guy didn't have a mark on him.

I thought Clottey busted him up more than Margarito...

The last time I saw Pac take punishment is against JMM.
              may be so, but it can't do him any good taking shots from that big of a fighter...i see why fmj avoided margarito..

Comment

Originally posted by Proff Griff View Post
                What "risk" has Pacquiao been taking lately? Margarito at 150? Clottey? Hatton? Damaged goods Cotto at a catchweight? Get real, son.
                If Pacquiao who is known to take risks is not taking risk in your eyes then all the other fighters must be cowards by Pac's standards.

Can you tell me any other fighter in the span of 2 years has fought the likes of Hatton, Cotto, Clottey and Margarito.

And in a span of 3 years has fought legends Barrera, Morales and Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                  Wow, the poll result is overwhelmingly in favor of Manny so far.
                  Don't pretend like you're surprised. That's why you made the poll knowing how the majority of people here will vote.

Comment

The poll says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                      If Pacquiao who is known to take risks is not taking risk in your eyes then all the other fighters must be cowards by Pac's standards.

Can you tell me any other fighter in the span of 2 years has fought the likes of Hatton, Cotto, Clottey and Margarito.

And in a span of 3 years has fought legends Barrera, Morales and Marquez.
                      So you're going to tell me Hatton was any more risky than he was for Mayweather? And Pac fought Clottey after Clottey lost. What kind of "risk" is that? A skeletal Delahoya? Didn't want Mosley unless Shane came in at a 142 pound catchweight.

Don't even get me started on Margarito. And I don't even want to hear that somehow Pac is still a lightweight when he was coming in at 147 148 after rehydrating.

Pacquaio has not been taking the riskiest fights out there. Don't kid yourself. Not since the Marquez fight.
                      Last edited by Proff Griff; 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X