No announcement yet.

Last night was the sort of KO that ends careers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night was the sort of KO that ends careers

This is not a snipe at Williams fans but last night was a KO that left me horrified. There have been numerous fighters who have been knocked out, never had the same punch resistance again. I'm just not sure how Paul will come back from this, he can't change his style now since he's adapted to it for many years, the only thing he can do is tweak his defense. He has never really took of advantage of his size and long reach which is a shame..

Paul may just turn into a punch bag after last night, those sort of KO's are career enders.

That being said, Paul met his moment of truth in the ring, it was bound to happen at some point.

It's very possible you're right.

I hope not cuz I love watching Pwill's fights, he has an exciting style.

Lennox came back after getting knocked out like that

Comment

I think he'll be back. I'm sure he realizes now that he should change up his style and use his reach to his advantage.

Comment

Hmmm. I'm not sure I agree. He was able to be interviewed after and seemed pretty philosophical - it wasn't like the Hatton KO where he didn't know what day of the week it was.

Williams can take a punch and that shot would have taken anyone down. I think he'll be back and challenging pretty soon.

Comment

Should hire Steward, helped Lennox and Wladmir ... could do wonders with Paul's physical advantages

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            It's very possible you're right.

I hope not cuz I love watching Pwill's fights, he has an exciting style.

Lennox came back after getting knocked out like that
            Lennox was never knocked out like that

the Mcall one he made it to his feet ref could have let him continue if he had any sense

Rahman caught Lewis with a lucky punch and his chin was never granite either

that knock out last night was just as brutal as Hattons but Hatton was faded and Paul isn't which may make a difference when he attempts to come back from this

that was a glen johnson roy jones style knock out that p will took last night

Comment

I think that this will be an eye-opener for PWill, and he will finally start fighting using his attributes. We know he can do it, because he did it against Margarito. Throw Jabs and Combinations, than back up keeping his distance. Good point on bringing up Lennox, who did the exact same thing after his KO losses he was alway more cautious and patient. I think that PWill losing like this will lead to some great matches being made soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post

the Mcall one he made it to his feet ref could have let him continue if he had any sense

that knock out last night was just as brutal as Hattons but Hatton was faded and Paul isn't which may make a difference when he attempts to come back from this

that's not what happened last night????????????

you're showing your ass today. really, the worst ko's are when you get caught with an unseen punch after taking punishment. that's not what happened.

lol at you trying to say rachmans ko wasn't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post

no it wasn't roy took a prolonged beating, then got ktfo'd. It was a 9th round ko.

you have no chance. you're probably too used to arguing with the typical scrub nsb poster that doesn't really follow boxing- like yourself.

Comment

I think its effect on his confidence will be more damaging than its effect on him physically.

Comment

Working...
                    X