No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Crushes Paul Williams in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LAPIDA View Post
    Wait a minute, is 156 Sergio's ring weight? Enlighten me the logic behind that please.
    the logic is your guy is a hype job and wont defend his 8th fake wt class belt . plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffus74 View Post
      ---

Sadly, I think that this KO will hurt Martinez more help him to get the big names into the ring w/ him. I don't think that are the fighters that wouldn't fight him, cause fighters fight, but their corners and promoters won't put their fighters w/ Sergio...I don't see Manny, Floyd, Cotto or any other big name fighter getting in the ring w/ La Maravilla...I will like to see Money May fight him even that I think it'll be a boring fight...Sargio is a skilled big guy w/ power, think too big for Manny (Freddy or Uncle Bob) will not let this happen, my boy Cotto, I don't think he has a chance against Sergio and after the reaction of Manny Stewart you could see he wouldn't recommend Cotto do it. So I think he will have to go to the higher weight classes...maybe Butte or Hopkins at 168...I'll like to see him w/ Ward too....let see!!!
      cosign. Its very sad. Its a gift and a curse. Even worse Bute and Ward are on Showtime. I don't know if Sergio is tied to HBO for a few more fights or night. But it looks like he is going to continue to be avoided

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
        i must agree , margs punched manny almost at will! it begs the question what wouldve happened if he didnt get his eye slammed shut, margs landed a lot on manny.it was more a matter of margs being past it rather than pac being soo great. margs was welter champ for 8 years, too many wars ,,never was the same after cotto.

I agree. That Cotto war finished Margs. I have renewed respect for him though cause he was in Manny's ass. That was not an easy fight for Manny. The HBO commentators need to be fired cause Margs was banging with Manny til the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          If Sergio wants a big money fight and prove that he's p4p king, come to 147 and fight Pacquiao. Pacquiao get to call the shots cuz he THE PPV cash cow. Martinez just fought on regular HBO. Has he ever been on PPV? Pacquiao couldnt even break 150 so fighting Martinez at 160 is absurd.

I am a big fan of Martinez but this victory is overhyped. He's in the p4p top 10 for sure but hes not P4P KING until he beats Pacquiao at 147.
          Sergio to fight Pac at 147? WTF ! That's insane. First of all, they are worlds apart. No way it would be a fair fight for both of them, whether it is at 147 (Sergio draining out) or 154 (Pacman forcefeeding himself). They just don't belong in the same league. I say, let Sergio dominate 154~160 and let Pacman dominate up to 147. Pushing it would be a disaster. Let Floyd do that rigodon and fight Pacman at 147 or Sergio at 154. End of story !

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
            When Pac takes the test. You should write in to congressman Pac and demand he submits to random OST up to fight time and you will see the ass smashing. Right now isn't Pac on vacation? Doesn't he need to recuperate after the Margarito fight?
            Any results on Floyd's Fantasy fights?

Flyod vs Cotto (too far, he is in puerto rico)
            Flyod vs Marga (not enough money on the table?)
            Flyod vs Pac (on vacation, full OST, a southpaw, no negotiations..)
            and now, Flyod vs MArtinez! (to be continued....)

ooops, sorry? Floyds whip all those fighters ass easily! hahaha!

Comment

well if manny just beat 165lb dude and sergio can make 156lbs whats the problem?? I dont get it .why claim hes the unprecedented 8th wt class wonder , when it comes time to defend it against a worthy and legit opponent all the sudden hes a welter? thats funny ruuun forrest run!!!! can u say hype--ola!?
              He didn't fight a guy who weighed almost 170, he fought a guy who weighed 150 (which was the contracted weight) and who at fight night almost gained 20 pounds.

Martinez cannnot make 150 pounds. He probably can't even make 154 pounds. The weight would have to be set at 156, so, Martinez can come in at fight time at 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
                I don't know who to give knockout of the year too.

Sergio Martinez

Or the Table that knocked out Kermit Cintron and sent him away in an ambulance...

Choices... Choices... Choices....
                hahaha, great comment

Comment

i must agree , margs punched manny almost at will! it begs the question what wouldve happened if he didnt get his eye slammed shut, margs landed a lot on manny.it was more a matter of margs being past it rather than pac being soo great. margs was welter champ for 8 years, too many wars ,,never was the same after cotto.
                  "margs was...never the same after cotto"...that's because they removed the plaster. Come on dummy, we all know this.

Comment

really i dont hate pac but he doesnt really fight top guys and martinez is a top guy. and the weight class is the same. margs weighd 165 , martinez 156 but martinez needs to fight light heavyweights or super middleweights??why martinez is shorter than margs. it just doesnt jibe dude. to me manny is very hyped and handled and he is.hes a great fighter but he doenst need to be hyped and handled but he is, maybe he isnt very good cuz for one reasn or another he never fights the best. only names that are has-beens. u cant say that about martinez.to me both mayweather and pac are very bad for the sport because their fanbase enables their popularity, and in turn we get fights to feed that ,as opposed to good fights or matchups, its annoying and its a ripoff dude. i like fights not circus acts.
                    i agree that pac and may are overhyped but theyre not overrated by any means... just overhyped..

can you seriously say pac and mayweather would lose to berto / khan / bradley / alexander ?? come on!... thats a mismatch.

theyre the best at 147.... martinez is best at 160... thats world`s apart... suggesting for them to fight is idiotic. we have weight divisions for a reason. because in the normal world a big great guy >> small great guy

Comment

• I swear,i swear, i swear i had my mouth open for like 20 minutes..........fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! !!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X