Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Bernard Hopkins get a pass for his overt racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there definitely is a double standard

but there's also hundreds of years of reasons for the double standard to exist. think abut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
      In my honest opinion, I don't really find what he said racist, since he really didn't attack a certain racegroup and/or other culture. He's really mainly talking about his own race. He is, as he says, just being "biased." But that's just me.
      If a white boxer said I would never let a black guy beat me, it would be all over the news. Everyone would think that it was racist.

Comment

Originally posted by jasbar View Post
        I think its because he's black. Bhop knows that Pac is trying his best to make a fight with Floyd or Mosley and yet he is criticizing Pac for not fighting Black Americans.
        pac aint trying his best when he clearly ducked shane after his marg win and he will never take test to fight floyd

Comment

Originally posted by wave View Post

but there's also hundreds of years of reasons for the double standard to exist. think abut it.
          Exactly. It may not be right, but its the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by wave View Post

Hopkins was never anyones slave, he's just a hypocrite who likes to use the victim crutch when its advantageous for him.

He whines about race at every turn while at the same time making a nice living from the system he claims is against him.

Comment

Because no one was offended by what Hopkins said. A lot of people make crass comments. It's all a matter of perception. People obviously didn't feel the white boy comment by Hopkins was a big deal.

Comment

Boxing's standards are low, low, low.

That's why it is not the mainstream sport it once was.

Racist? It's ok in boxing. Loaded gloves? No prob, go to Texas. Make fun of Parkinson's? Nope, that's ok too, I mean, everybody makes fun of disabled people right? Cheat on your wife? No prob, we've got that too, publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
                  Hopkins was never anyones slave, he's just a hypocrite who likes to use the victim crutch when its advantageous for him.

He whines about race at every turn while at the same time making a nice living from the system he claims is against him.
                  i absolutely hate people like that, they say OH MY PPL WENT THROUGH A LOT!!! guess what a$$hole? YOU WERE NOBODYS SLAVE!!!!

Hopkins is a perfect example of these types of hypocrite. He goes around saying Pacquiao never fought a black slick fighter cuz a black fighter would beat him. He then says "ill never let a white boy beat me", as much as i enjoy making ricans and cotto nutswingers my bi*ches the way Hopkins threw the PR flag on the floor was disrespectful.

Overall hopkins is just garbage that needs to be removed from this world. I know if a euro fighter or pacquiao said 1 thing about black fighters Hopkins would be the first to jump and claim racism.

glad to see slapzaghe owned him

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                    Because no one was offended by what Hopkins said. A lot of people make crass comments. It's all a matter of perception. People obviously didn't feel the white boy comment by Hopkins was a big deal.
                    if calzaghe said ill never let a black boy beat me there would of been rage all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
                      I'm getting pretty tired of him. Everything is always a race issue with him. He can't control his eternal victimhood complex from constantly surfacing. He's boorish and unpleasant.

It would be ok if he actually delivered in the ring, but his fights are among the worst in the history of the sport.

I'm going to boycott his fights henceforth and wutnot.

I'm putting my foot down.

Hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                      X