Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel Martinez won't make the contracted weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel Martinez won't make the contracted weight?

OR if he does, it won't be in a healthy manner? He was way too heavy in the last weight check. I can't imagine that losing so much weight in a small period of time will have no effect on him. Not making an excuse for him because watching your weight is part of the game. There's no excuse.

Apparently he was at 160 like 3 or 4 days ago.

So no.

Comment

He would but he would be drained, So much for Mr paul "Am not a diva" Williams..

Comment

it'll be tough on him, for sure. but elite fighters are supposed to rise to challenges, and Sergio is gonna work his butt off.

157 is a doable weight, even though Sergio was at VERY near the MW limit for Pavlik.

Comment

This was tweeted 20 hours ago.

So I was off on the time.

Fight newsWriter Fight news Writer
          As of today, WBC middleweight champ Sergio "Maravilla' Martinez is 160lbs, "Feeling great and ready for Saturday"20 hours ago.

Comment

He will make it

I think it will affect him stamina wise

Dont know if its common that he gains like 30 pounds in between fights but sounds bad

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
              Apparently he was at 160 like 3 or 4 days ago.

So no.
              Wasn't he around 177 a week and a half ago or something like that?

Comment

Has he ever missed weight? I'm willing to bet he is totally fine with his weight

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Wasn't he around 177 a week and a half ago or something like that?
                  He weighed-in with all his clothes on.

Comment

He's a natural athlete and nobody knows his body better than he does.

If he says 158 is no problem, then I don't think it's a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X