No announcement yet.

Pay-per-view hits on Pacquiao-Margarito fight seen to reach 1.4-1.5 million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
    According to your article, 15 + 10 = 25. I think the other hypejob got 40+ against ssm. 40 > 25, at least where I went to school.

Seriously, where do these idiots come from?
    that was an estimate. like ive said COMMON SENSE. use your brain or you'll lose it. against Clottey he made $12 Million plus PPV shares. so do the math.

Comment

i hope so its good for boxing

the more people tune in to manny or floyd fights its good for boxing,relax on the hate

Comment

If in the end it is a good number it means that boxing is alive and well

Comment

From fan stand point I hope so. Boxing needs it.

From a Floyd stand point I hope he does 1.5 for the simple fact that extra 100,000 balance out those 7 days they are asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post

The better gauge would be Floyd-Mosley`s PPV, which GBP had recently been using as a negotiating factor.

Thunder,

do you feel mosley is as big a draw as margrito?

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
              Pacquiao assured of P1 billion payday
              NICK GIONGCO
              November 17, 2010

LOS ANGELES — Manny Pacquiao has been asured of getting over a billion pesos after early tracking figures showed he can get an additional $10 million from pay-per-view sales from his action-packed win over Antonio Margarito.

Estimates showed that the fight may have registered between 1.4 million to 1.5 million buys, his promoter Bob Arum said on Tuesday.

Pacquiao had been guaranteed a paycheck of $15 million and add the $10 million from PPV, that would add up to $25 million or about P1.075 billion at P43 per 1 US dollar.

“I am very pleased,” said Arum over the phone from his Las Vegas office.

“Numbers say we’re going to hit (between) 1.4 million to 1.5 million buys,” said Pacquiao’s adviser Mike Koncz.

Pacquiao’s previous best in PPV sales was posted when he beat up the legendary Oscar De La Hoya in December, 2008, a match that generated 1.4 million buys.

Koncz said the public’s never-ending craving for Pacquiao, the intrigue that surrounded his turbulent training camp in the Philippines, the style of the two fighters and him being a congressman, were the reasons why there was a surge in PPV sales.

“People wanted to know how Manny would handle boxing and being a congressman at the same time,” said Koncz.

While the PPV sales were phenomenal, the gate attendance at the venue that was reconfigured to accommodate 70,000 did not live up to its lofty billing after only 41,734 trooped there.
              I think Floyd will still vouch for the lions share mainly because he fought Mosley who couldn't even fill up the HDC tennis court venue while Margarito filled it up against Williams - and Floyd still did 1.4 mil with a guy who "was not a pay per view attraction". Not to mention Roach said that Mosley didn't bring any money.

Comment

Originally posted by el rey View Post
                I think Floyd will still vouch for the lions share mainly because he fought Mosley who couldn't even fill up the HDC tennis court venue while Margarito filled it up against Williams - and Floyd still did 1.4 mil with a guy who "was not a pay per view attraction". Not to mention Roach said that Mosley didn't bring any money.
                A) This fight was never going to happen so arguing over revenue splits is pointless, but just for argument's sake...

How would asking for more than 50-50 on either side make any sense (if these #s are correct)? Both guys would've pulled in 1.4ish million buys in their last fights and last year both pulled in 1-1.3 million buys, and Pac had a strong showing against a nobody w/ no real promotions.

And how exactly is Margarito a bigger draw than Shane?

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
                  if the fight hits 1.4 to 1.5 million buys Manny will definitely make more money tha what PBF made against Mosley. COMMON SENSE please! stop hating Manny. Mayweather and *****S are jealous because he never reached Manny's status. not inside the boxing ring. definitely not outside the boxing ring.
                  can you please explain how this is possible?

Comment

I'd say when mosley/pbf was made Mosley was a bigger draw as a fight partner coming off the destruction of margs and considered #3 p4p at the time. Pac/margs doing 1+M is impressive as margs entered the ring off a ko loss to Shane, a lackluster tuneup, + the handwrap scandal. Neither guy is a huge draw by themselves. but I'd bet pre-Floyd mosley/Pac would have outsold pbf/mosley. Not too interested in seeing an old gassed mosley/Pac beatdown now..but I'd still buy it. If Pac/margs really did as well as they're saying..Pac/mosley might do the same, unless there is public backlash if Pac/pbf isn't made.

Comment

If what we are reading is correct and the fight did do 1.4-1.5 million buys, than Manny should earn a lot more than 25 million.

1.5 million buys at $65 a crack is over 100 million in revenue when all is said and done. Unless of course Arum wants to keep over half the revenue for himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X