Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheres the outrage over the conduct of Lawrence Cole??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheres the outrage over the conduct of Lawrence Cole??

This guy is a disgrace of a referee, lets forget all the stupid **** he has done in the past and lets just focus on the Pac-Margarito fight.

Theres come a point in a fight where a guy is totally out of it, like in the Mayweather-Mosley fight you knew after Round 6-7 that Mayweather would win it.

In the Pac-Margarito fight, after the 9th.. There was no question Pac was giving Margo the beating of his life and even though Margo could tell how many fingers were being held up, it was clear his vision was troubled, throw in Pacs hard and fast combos, he was going to lose.

If a corner doesn't stop a fight, surely the ref has to step in and bring the pain to a close.. Pac many times looked at Cole and Cole just ignored him or told them to keep fighting.

I thought refs were there to protect BOTH fighters? I'm surprised no-one else has really commented on Coles awful "protection" for a fighter.

Margos corner was a disgrace for not stopping it, but Cole was more of a disgrace.. he had no dog in this fight and could've ended the fight earlier. Who knows if Margos eye will ever fully recover.

Sorry for the long ass thread, I dislike Margo for the wraps scandal and all the jokes about it, nut he didn't deserve that IMO.

/End rant.

Because it's more Margs corner than the ref. Atleast the ref showed concern more than once. I do agree it went on to long tho

Comment

Yeah, he's a pretty terrible ref.

Comment

Margarit's a warrior. He wanted to go on.

Comment

I think Laurence Cole is an awful ref, but he wasnt in the wrong here

tony was still throwing punches and still putting his guard up

the referee is to stop the fight if a fighter can no longer protect himself

tony was getting his flush but like i said, he was still using his guard and still throwing punches....

i do however, think this is the scenario where it IS the job of the corner... they are the ones who are to give a damn about their fighter... the ref wants a clean fight and he'll stop it when one fighter can no longer defend himself

IMO of course

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Link View Post
            Margarit's a warrior. He wanted to go on.
            STFU

Comment

Early stoppages are ruining the sport. And YES it is an early stoppage if the fight is stopped when the fighter hasn't even been down once in the fight. You think they would have stopped a fighter on his feet without ever getting knocked down in the 20's, 30's or 40's? Hell no. Back then they fought til one of em' was knocked out completley or had been knocked down an extreme amount of times and even then they usually didn't stop it.

Margarito wanted to continue and was never knocked down. People here are seriously becominng drama queens with all the complaining about fights not getting stopped soon enough. Give me a break, aslong as the fighter wants to continue and he hasn't been knocked down then let him fight. Yeah there are dangers of getting seriously ****ed up and some fighters are to brave for their own good.... But this is BOXING. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                I think Laurence Cole is an awful ref, but he wasnt in the wrong here

tony was still throwing punches and still putting his guard up

the referee is to stop the fight if a fighter can no longer protect himself

tony was getting his flush but like i said, he was still using his guard and still throwing punches....

i do however, think this is the scenario where it IS the job of the corner... they are the ones who are to give a damn about their fighter... the ref wants a clean fight and he'll stop it when one fighter can no longer defend himself

IMO of course
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

So this is where cheato came from:

Comment

Not up to the ref, it should be up to the corner more than the ref in my opinion. Not the ref's fault that idiots who make fun of Parkinson disorder is running Margaresto's corner.

Comment

Working...
                    X