Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Doesn't Rule Out Lucian Bute Clash at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Doesn't Rule Out Lucian Bute Clash at 168

BoxingScene.com spoke with Sampson Lewkowicz, agent for WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez, to get a better idea of his fighter's direction beyond this Saturday's rematch with Paul Williams, which takes place at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. If Martinez wins, Lewkowicz tells BoxingScene that a move to 168 for a Bute clash would seriously be considered if the opportunity was presented.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'd love to see it. Bute wins that one though.

Comment

Naa huge size difference, and were not talking Pac-Marg were talking Bute a good skilled, fast boxer with power in his prime. Martinez should not go above 160.

Comment

not gonna happen. bute is with showtime now

Comment

Sexy needs to get his focus right. I dont like all this talk of moving up in weight. Seems to suggest hes struggling to get down to Catchweight Paul's demand

Comment

Don't do it. Bute puts fighters on the donor list for a new liver.

Comment

If he gets past Williams and then steps up and beats Bute, we've got another all time great pound for pound in this era of boxing!

Having said that, I think Bute would beat him and it's gonna be a very tough fight against Williams first anyway.

Comment

Martinez = Afraid of NO ONE.

Comment

Love the spirit & bravery, but if I were in his team, I say no.. bad move for him. he can just stay at 160, fight Geale or Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                    Martinez = Afraid of NO ONE.
                    Martinez=real man. Pac and May take notes. He takes on the best at their weight doesn't bad mouth and doesn't put up a front like he's a fukin saint. I think Lucian takes him out though too big and too skilled.

Comment

Working...
                    X