Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac is just every boxer's nightmare , plain and simple ..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man bear pig View Post
    when was the last time pac faced a top tier boxer... Just sayin..
    jmm.......

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      high boxing IQ isn't gonna cut it.

to beat pac you gotta have these attributes:

1) heavy handed, the 1 punch KO kind of variety of power
      2) at least miguel cotto speed
      3) ruthless body attack
      4) endless stamina
      5) granite chin
      6) above average workrate
      7) the heart to bang with pac. no one who goes into a defensive shell is gonna beat pac

*****s and pac haters think a slick boxer will beat pac, but they are lying to themselves like they lie about everything else. a slick boxer will either get outworked or stopped late. runner can go the full 12 but they won't be winning the fight.
      A decent post, with good reasoning.

At this point I just don't have an answer to how anyone can beat him (floyd included) because he is something quite special. People seem to forget Floyd can be hit, and be discouraged. Just look at Judah, Hatton, Mosley, they were all able to get under his skin in the first couple of Rounds, hell even Hatton had him a little shaky in the early rounds, this is something Pacquiao will capitalize on to his advantage. Pacquiao starts so quick and is explosive in the first couple of rounds, you can bet Floyd will get rattled early on, the way he handles it is the question mark for me. Pacquiao is never discouraged, he keeps coming, and his punch output is huge. You can defend all you want but you will get caught, those punches will not stop coming for 12 rounds, you just cannot afford to take a break against Pacquiao.

I think Martinez has the best chance at a shot vs Pacquiao, that's my opinion anyway.

Comment

3) ruthless body attack
        4) endless stamina
        5) granite chin
        7) the heart to bang with pac. no one who goes into a defensive shell is gonna beat pac

*****s and pac haters think a slick boxer will beat pac, but they are lying to themselves like they lie about everything else. a slick boxer will either get outworked or stopped late. runner can go the full 12 but they won't be winning the fight.
        You actually don't need all of that to beat him honestly. I agree you need at least decent pop to make him respect what's coming back, timing, and stay dedicated to your gameplan. I hope the performances against these guys that plod along without giving him angles and feints isn't somehow dictating in your mind how he'll do against someone that's a slick boxer. I think it actually work in your advantage to fight Pac as if you can't hurt him. His last few opponents got hit by him and assumed they had to "get him back" and ended up in trade mode and off track. And also, your workrate doesn't have to be off the charts to beat him either. His workrate would be cut in half just by getting in the ring with another counter puncher. I refuse to get baited into the "*****" "*******" juvenile mud slinging. Just know that if a fight between him and Floyd were to happen, the most likely scenario is Pac looking confused and overly aggressive and sloppy. His team is doing him a huge disservice putting him in the ring with these walking punching bags as preparation for a hopeful battle with Floyd.

Comment

Manny posseses a style issue for everyone no matter how tall, how fast, how powerful you are. We all are aware of his physical skills but he is also becoming quite the technical fighter as well and when you add his intangibles he is a nightmare for everyone out there right now

Manny to me is now at a point where you can start matching him with ATGs and it not be laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
            A decent post, with good reasoning.

At this point I just don't have an answer to how anyone can beat him (floyd included) because he is something quite special. People seem to forget Floyd can be hit, and be discouraged. Just look at Judah, Hatton, Mosley, they were all able to get under his skin in the first couple of Rounds, hell even Hatton had him a little shaky in the early rounds, this is something Pacquiao will capitalize on to his advantage. Pacquiao starts so quick and is explosive in the first couple of rounds, you can bet Floyd will get rattled early on, the way he handles it is the question mark for me. Pacquiao is never discouraged, he keeps coming, and his punch output is huge. You can defend all you want but you will get caught, those punches will not stop coming for 12 rounds, you just cannot afford to take a break against Pacquiao.

I think Martinez has the best chance at a shot vs Pacquiao, that's my opinion anyway.

The Floyd can be hit myth somehow has gotten legs and I don't seem to know why. You can count on one hand how many times Floyd has been hit flush and knocked off balance in his entire career. It's a reason he has the highest disparity between connect % vs. getting hit % in Compu Box history. What people fail to realize is Pac is a counter puncher. If you think he's just gonna come out and jump on Floyd, then you must want it to be an early night for Pac. Floyd would eat him alive. Ask Ariza how that plan of walking Floyd down with Corrales went?

Comment

3) ruthless body attack
              4) endless stamina
              5) granite chin

According to your list, only PAC can beat PAC. PAC is the only boxer with all the criteria on your list LOL.

Comment

3) ruthless body attack
                4) endless stamina
                5) granite chin

maybe im alone here, but high I.Q along with quickness and a willingness to sit back and hit pac accurately along with the intelligence to negate his workrate are whats needed.

All that stuff up there doesnt matter if hes unable to capitolize on an opponent on the move, or an opponent who is willing to give some head movement and footwork.

Also, more than anything, Pacquiao cant fight well on the inside, Mayweather can. Infact, if anything, Mayweather in a phonebooth is a nightmare for pacquiao, it pretty much negates everything pac does well.

Pac needs to be at midrange to be effective, on the outside hed get jabbed, on the inside hed get beatup, but at midrange hes very effective.

The problem is that every opponent except marquez pretty much stood in front of him and took a beating without any of the above attributes to be effective.

Comment

i think the only fighters that can beat pac atm is martinez ... he will have the power and the technique to beat pac...

as much as everyone here thinks floyd can, i dont think so after the marg fight...

Comment

3) ruthless body attack *
                    4) endless stamina
                    5) granite chin

shane had 1, 2, and 5.

*he would have had 3 if he would have had 7.

Originally posted by zeidrich View Post
                    i think the only fighters that can beat pac atm is martinez ... he will have the power and the technique to beat pac...

as much as everyone here thinks floyd can, i dont think so after the marg fight...

martinez has 1, 2, and 4. because of the ridiculous size difference, he'll also have 5 and 7.

so in total, sergio has 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7. due to the massive size difference, he doesn't need 3 or 6 to KTFO pac. one well timed bomb to the head will do the job.

Comment

3) ruthless body attack
                      4) endless stamina
                      5) granite chin

What a pile of frog**** ,,, go and watch the Mosley fight again and you will see how easy it is to have Pac second guessing and unable to cut the ring all because a shot to **** Mosley had a little speed , Floyd will hit Pac clean all night and shut Pacs work rate down to the lowest of his career just like Floyd shuts down everyone , Floyd will control the distance and tire him up in close , it will be such an easy win for Floyd people will say what was all the fuss about .

Look at JMM going to war with Pac it was life and death and Floyd beat JMM in a exhibition not raising a sweat .

Pac looks the goods when draining opponents that are coming of big loses in monster rings with illegal gloves but a prime fighter in a fair fight Pac is in loads of trouble Mosley showed us how easy Floyd will beat him ,,, actually Ortiz will be a harder fight and a more dangerous fight than what Pac will be .

Floyd is a Ring General do you understand the meaning of that .

Comment

Working...
                      X