No announcement yet.

How Is Haye Any Better Than Pete Rose? He Should Be Banned For Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Is Haye Any Better Than Pete Rose? He Should Be Banned For Life

As soon as the Harrison fight was over Haye made a very specific claim that not only his family, but also he himself, had bet big on a 3rd round finish.

Of course, upon being told that it was against the rules to place a bet on yourself he immediately backtracked as if he were being faced with a Klitschko fight.

What does it matter if Haye physically made the bet himself? It doesn't.

Pete Rose bet on baseball games that he was involved in, and like Haye he didn't place the bets himself, he had an intermediary who made Rose's bets for him with Rose's money.

Now Haye here thinks that because he gave his money to someone else to bet on him with specific instructions he is somehow innocent of any wrongdoing.

What Haye did is exactly what Pete Rose did, and Rose was banned from his sport for the rest of his life.

It would only be appropriate for Haye's punishment to fit his crime.

Unless, he bet on himself losing...I don't have a problem with it.

Stop being a *****. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post

Just because you support fight fixing by your countrymen doesn't mean the rest of the world should.

I don't think Rose was punished because he only bet on himself losing.

Then again you probably don't know who Pete Rose is since you guys are hardly aware of a world outside your borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Just because you support fight fixing by your countrymen doesn't mean the rest of the world should.

I don't think Rose was punished because he only bet on himself losing.

Then again you probably don't know who Pete Rose is since you guys are hardly aware of a world outside your borders.
        My country men? Mother ****er I'm from and live in the US.

Pete Rose...the hit king. Yes I know. I'm just not a cum guzzler with Wlad and Vitali's **** up my ass like you

Comment

My country men? Mother ****er I'm from and live in the US.

Pete Rose...the hit king. Yes I know. I'm just not a cum guzzler with Wlad and Vitali's **** up my ass like you
          lol you just owned that ****

green k for you

Comment

This is true....

Comment

Well, as general things go, betting on yourself or on opponent to get a specific result, in any sport, is wrong ethically. Any bookie would tell you that. But as far as general sense go, people dont like bookies.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins agreed to wear the above on his back for the Trinidad fight. He was to be paid USD 100000 for this, and he used the raised funds to place a bet on himself. (He won the fight and the bet.)

Comment

i think you can bet on yourself but not to lose.

I think nate campbell betted on himself to win, as well as hopkins.

freddy roach put a chunk of money on the hatton fight.

etc...

Comment

Not sure outside how the things outside of US go, but in US for an athlete to bet on ANY kind of a sport, much less his own, or even worse, his own team, is very frowned upon. I remember all the scandals in football, when the comission found out all the betting done by football players

Comment

Working...
                    X