No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson is a harder puncher than given credit for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    he had enough power to scare calzaghe and force him to pull out of their fight....twice!
    calzalghe fears no man

Comment

funny that you bring up the jones fight to make your point, because glen landed several similar shots to the one that eventually put roy down during the course of the fight

in other words, no, glen didn't really ko roy with one punch as you suggest, jones had already been punished and battered for 8 rounds

glen is just a decent puncher, his power is not underrated, he's nothing like a pure puncher or a better puncher than what he is perceived to be

thread./

Comment

Originally posted by BatteredKessler View Post
        funny that you bring up the jones fight to make your point, because glen landed several similar shots to the one that eventually put roy down during the course of the fight

in other words, no, glen didn't really ko roy with one punch as you suggest, jones had already been punished and battered for 8 rounds

glen is just a decent puncher, his power is not underrated, he's nothing like a pure puncher or a better puncher than what he is perceived to be

thread./
        It was one clean right hand that badly hurt him not a series look here at 0.45, Glenn is an underrated puncher and there are several other times where he has badly hurt fighters with one clean shot not so much the accumulation of punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          It was one clean right hand that badly hurt him not a series look here at 0.45, Glenn is an underrated puncher and there are several other times where he has badly hurt fighters with one clean shot not so much the accumulation of punishment.

look, I don't know about the other fights (you haven't even mentionned which in fact aside of Green), but what you should understand is that Jones was battle worn, he had been taking punishment for 8 rounds, of course his resistance to punches was weakening

as I have said, Glen landed many similar right hands during the fight, and Jones wasn't going nowhere

it was just one right hand too many that he landed in the ninth, the shot wasn't that great either

I don't know where you're going with your thread, but Glen is not a an underrated puncher, he's a decent puncher who usually gets his KOs via workrate, pressure, accumulated punishment

Comment

here, notice how much punishment and flush shots Jones takes before finally crumbling under an ultimate shot...

Comment

look, I don't know about the other fights (you haven't even mentionned which in fact aside of Green), but what you should understand is that Jones was battle worn, he had been taking punishment for 8 rounds, of course his resistance to punches was weakening

as I have said, Glen landed many similar right hands during the fight, and Jones wasn't going nowhere

it was just one right hand too many that he landed in the ninth, the shot wasn't that great either

I don't know where you're going with your thread, but Glen is not a an underrated puncher, he's a decent puncher who usually gets his KOs via workrate, pressure, accumulated punishment
              AND?

It was a 1 punch KO, i dont understand what you are arguing

Proof is in the pudding

Comment

here, notice how much punishment and flush shots Jones takes before finally crumbling under an ultimate shot...

Painful to watch.

Comment

You are presuming that because he is a pressure fighter that his stoppages are more a product of his workrate when really he just needs to get that hard right hand through. Look here at 2:20 against Yusaf Mack how he distracts Mack by putting a few jabs in his view then the straight right hand the same one that ko'd Roy puts Mack down and Glen finishes the job at around 4:00 with the right again.

To suggest that he is an average puncher like the equivalent as a SMW/LHW to what Floyd is as a WW is laughable.

Comment

I think at 168 his power is a lot better,he did however stun Cloud a few times in there fight,and has showed good power in others,he is a accumalation puncher more then anything though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      You are presuming that because he is a pressure fighter that his stoppages are more a product of his workrate when really he just needs to get that hard right hand through. Look here at 2:20 against Yusaf Mack how he distracts Mack by putting a few jabs in his view then the straight right hand the same one that ko'd Roy puts Mack down and Glen finishes the job at around 4:00 with the right again.

To suggest that he is an average puncher like the equivalent as a SMW/LHW to what Floyd is as a WW is laughable.
                      He definlty has pop,but is not a one punch guys he softens you up a bit first.

Comment

Working...
                      X