No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson is a harder puncher than given credit for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Johnson is a harder puncher than given credit for

I always hear commentators mention how Glen isn't the hardest puncher when he is fighting but can get you out of there with his pressure. Just to give you a statistical idea, he has 51 wins and 35 by stoppage and Manny P another fighter who uses pressure has 51 wins and 38 by stoppage but is known and regarded as a puncher.

Glen Johnson can crack and its not just his relentless pressure I have seen him with not a series but a single clean shot hurt several fighters like Rjj, Dan Judah, and recently Allan Green to name a few.

Do you think he is a hard puncher, is his power a bit underrated, and why is that if so?

hes a "sturn" puncher

Comment

He had pretty good power

Not anymore

Comment

Good post, I was impressed with his punches, i was sitting there watching him fight Cloud and the punches he was landing and getting hit with were good shot, it was quiet so you could hear them and some people from the sounds alone were getting "Ooohs". Far as Roy jones goes, Tarver had a more impressive and visually pleasing KO, but Jones was still up and clearly let down, Johnson damn near killed him and had me very worried about Jones health that night. Johnson is a beast not the kind of guy you really wanna fight if you don't have to. Like Holyfield he may show up and look avg but still eat your best shots and make it all 12 or he may be on point and beat your ass, he's risky.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
          Good post, I was impressed with his punches, i was sitting there watching him fight Cloud and the punches he was landing and getting hit with were good shot, it was quiet so you could hear them and some people from the sounds alone were getting "Ooohs". Far as Roy jones goes, Tarver had a more impressive and visually pleasing KO, but Jones was still up and clearly let down, Johnson damn near killed him and had me very worried about Jones health that night. Johnson is a beast not the kind of guy you really wanna fight if you don't have to. Like Holyfield he may show up and look avg but still eat your best shots and make it all 12 or he may be on point and beat your ass, he's risky.
          I think Glen even hurt Cloud a few times not badly or anything but Cloud has shown a very good chin thus far and I doubt anyone currently at the top tier of LHW is going to stop him.

With now going in against top SMWs, I feel like he has a good chance he could stop any 168lber in the world especially if we have questions about that fighters punch resistance.

Comment

LOVE UR SIG SPRAY

Comment

If he had more power than he had, then a lot of his losses would be wins because a lot of times the only reason he lost is because of bad judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                If he had more power than he had, then a lot of his losses would be wins because a lot of times the only reason he lost is because of bad judges.
                Maybe maybe not, Sven Ottke if anything had a good chin but I think he is perceived as being a slightly above average puncher with good pressure when its probably an underestimation.

Comment

he had enough power to scare calzaghe and force him to pull out of their fight....twice!

Comment

He isn't a killer but he can score the knockout. We can at this point consider the possibility Green is overrated however. How long can Green ride the Codrington knockout as credentials?

Comment

Working...
                    X