Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN: Pacquiao Answers Online Critics / Fans About Mayweather, Recent Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Pacquiao Answers Online Critics / Fans About Mayweather, Recent Training

On Nov. 13, Manny Pacquiao faces the heaviest challenge of his career. With seven world titles in seven different divisions (a boxing record), Pacman will go for No. 8 against Antonio Margarito, a former welterweight champ who will be the biggest challenger (both fighters agreed to a 150-pound weight limit) he's ever faced. Is Pacquiao, who is 4 inches shorter than Margarito, making a mistake? We know you're wondering, so we grabbed all your online jabs -- from the Margarito fight to Pacquiao's election to a congressional seat in the Philippines -- and threw 'em Manny's way.

Guess what: He threw back.

"Manny has never faced a beast like Margarito! I don't get how anyone can think that this fight will be a walk in the park." -- from Top Rank's Facebook feed

Pacquiao: "Margarito is my strongest opponent to date. But they've said this numerous times with past opponents: 'He's bigger, he's stronger.' It was the same result every time."

"Is it true that Pacquiao is a professional singer? I heard rumors that Manny sings, but a pro singer -- is it true?" -- Posted on answers.yahoo.com

Pacquiao: "I have two albums in the Philippines, and they both went platinum. Am I a better boxer or singer? I think fighter; I went platinum two times, but I'm seven times a world champion."

"Don't get me wrong. I'm a Pacquiao fan for life! But his training sucks! Too many distractions." -- From PhilBoxing.com message board

Pacquiao: "People say I shouldn't play basketball, but I play as part of getting ready for my fights. I don't go to parties. I practice my singing, and they think it's a party. My team is good and solid. It starts with the strategy from the master, my coach, Freddie Roach. I do not have too many distractions."

"Why not give him the chance to run the country as president? He may be the key for a better change in our nation." -- Posted on myLot.com

Pacquiao:
    "I'm focused on being the best representative of my people. Is the door open to be president of the Philippines? It depends on what the people want."

"He goes from featherweight to welterweight, and he's blasting the top guys. Couple that with Manny's enlarged head, and you've got to wonder about steroids." -- Posted on Ringtalk.com

Pacquiao: "Physically, maybe my head has gotten larger. But spiritually I am humble still. The person who wrote that, or any agency, can come to my camp. I have nothing to hide. When it is time for training, I put my faith in God."

"I don't think the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will ever happen. Mayweather is afraid of Pacquiao." -- Posted on ABS-CBNnews.com

Pacquiao: "It's frustrating to me also. I've shown I'll fight anybody, in any class. I hope it gets done, because it is good for boxing. To me, Mayweather just looks at the money. You have to provide for the fans. They give us the money we make."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5763238

Haters please engage....

Comment

thats a good article

Comment

As a Floyd fan I really wish they stop asking him about Floyd. Let dude focus what he need to focus on. If Floyd wants to fight him he will do what's necessary to get the fight done. Let manny do him.

Comment

And this was my favorite quote of the interview bar none:

Pacquiao: "It's frustrating to me also. I've shown I'll fight anybody, in any class. I hope it gets done, because it is good for boxing. To me, Mayweather just looks at the money. You have to provide for the fans. They give us the money we make."

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post

Mine too....

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post

I agree with this too.

To me this is the most misconstrued by Floyd stans *****ing about Manny being a fighter for the people and not for money...

OF COURSE MANNY FIGHTS FOR MONEY YOU IDIOTS!!!

Stans just twist it to their idiotic agenda.

But he laid it out perfectly in this quote. Him saying that he has to give 100% for the fans because it's them who makes him money is just epic. Very straightforward, and whoever twists it more to make him such as a holy noble one who fights for "the fans" and not for money are downright idiots.

Manny really improved his english comprehension really well.
              Last edited by Tamis!; 11-09-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Somebody need to ask Pac: Do you a Twitter or Facebook page?

If not, you need one : You can become more famous.

Comment

my favorite was the comment he made about his head
                  ahaahhah

you know whats frustrating manny is when you lie about the agreement when it comes to testing
                  just come out and say the truth
                  im a diva
                  floyds a diva
                  and neither one of us wants to give into the others demands

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post

I agree with this too.

To me this is the most misconstrued by Floyd stans *****ing about Manny being a fighter for the people and not for money...

OF COURSE MANNY FIGHTS FOR MONEY YOU IDIOTS!!!

Stans just twist it to their idiotic agenda.

But he laid it out perfectly in this quote. Him saying that he has to give 100% for the fans because it's them who makes him money is just epic. Very straightforward, and whoever twists it more to make him such as a holy noble one who fights for "the fans" and not for money are downright idiots.

Manny really improved his english comprehension really well.
                    the same thing can be said about the pac stans and you know it

i agree to every ting wit drugs
                    except i need 7 day coot off
                    hahahaha
                    gtfoh!
                    they are both momos

haha
                    pac doesnt fight for money but he sure threatens bob arum every fight unless uncle bob can throw in a few million more
                    come on guys
                    pac and floyd are the same type of person

Comment

Working...
                    X