Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserved to win the Judah vs. Matthysse fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg House View Post
    I thoght it was close but i don't think it could have gone either way.

Mathysse edged him and deserved to win, but it was just for 1 or 2 points
    If you have one fighter up by only one or maybe two points then you bettter believe the fight could've gone either way.

Comment

In terms of who fought their fight better: although Matthysee came on strong towards the end, his clear intention was to neutralise Jab's speed with body shots. As far as I'm concerned this only worked slightly, Zab was still easily able to evade the type of shots that were needed to finish the fight. I don't think he landed to levels of shots compubox was claiming. Zab on the other hand, boxed well and still showed glimpses of speed in the final round. By no means was it an impressive performance. However, i can't see how either were effective enough to be chosen as a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        I realize Judah has long been a HBO favorite, but robberies like last night ruin the sport of boxing.
        Not to be a dick but do you understand what a robbery is? It was a SD and could of went either way. That is clearly not a robbery.

Comment

It was close but i think Matthysse deserved to win

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Not to be a dick but do you understand what a robbery is? It was a SD and could of went either way. That is clearly not a robbery.
            I do understand what a robbery is. It's when the fighter who clearly deserves to win isn't given the win.

It can be when one fighter clearly deserves to win a decision like Mathysse did, and the judges instead give the other boxer a SD or some other close decision win (which could be a 114-113 score on all cards or a MD).

Sometimes a robbery is when one fighter clearly deserves to win, and the judges have it as a draw (Lewis-Holyfield I).

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              Although I had Judah slightly winning, draw would have been perfect.
              This......

Comment

I don't know why people say it was a boring fight....was I the only one who saw Matthyse's body shots were bothering Judah???

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  Your opinon and people who hold the same opinion REALLY bug me. That fight should not have even be a SD, or a MD, it was a CLEAR WIN for Matthyse. I gave Judah like 2 rounds, I'm going to rewatch it though.

Comment

I watched it again, and scored it the same, 115-112 for Matthysse.

Comment

Matthyse won that fight. There are alot of people who say it was close, but most non-biased people I have talked to clearly had Matthyse winning.

Zab got a hometown decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X