Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueprint to beat Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hit the guy until he's medically unfit to continue like Lewis did.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      That is a rough road to take because chances are his opponents are going to get tagged alot and he is a big man who hits hard. It would take someone with plenty of will and a fantastic chin to do that but IDK where you get him not having good stamina when he has been known especially recently to thrown around 1K punches per fight.
      I certainly think boydshots, especially straight rights, would work wonders against him, and if the fighter had the head movement he could duck and weave under Vitali's counter shots, and pivot off to the side. Byrd was doing this at times, but just simply didn't have the power to trouble Vit. And when you don't have power your opponent doesn't respect you and all the head movement in the world is eveutally going to come to naught.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Partridge View Post
        Just hit the guy until he's medically unfit to continue like Lewis did.
        Genius! Why didn't anyone else think of that?

Comment

Jesus the klits really are starting to become overrated.that decision over a stationary punchbag has really raised vitali's credibility i see

Comment

Vitali is by no means unbeatable, it is just that there are not many, if any fighters in the current heavyweight division with the tools or size to do it. Vitali is overly reliant on height to be honest. Contrary to popular belief, Vitali isn't some monster puncher, he is a fighter who relies on wearing his opponent down. His KO record tells lies to people who don't understand boxing.

I'm not going to go into detailed descriptions, but a quick fighter with a reliable chin, good head movement and combinations would post lots of trouble to Vitali.

Comment

you need size to beat vit. bigger and stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Even though I am a bigger fan of little bro Wlad, I know the game plan to beat him is for a durable fighter with power and inside fighting skills to get inside land short shots, back him up, and find that not so iron chin. A fighter like a young Tyson may very well have been a bad style for him but I can't really think of a good game plan to beat Vitali.

So other than hoping you cut him or being so lucky that he has a freak injury and has to pull out during the course of a fight can you give me a realistic thought out winning strategy for beating VK?

Please no pics or vids of the Byrd or Lewis fights because they didn't really end in a way where strategy played much of a part in their wins.
                ridiculous

Lennox may have fought sloppy, but he did something a lot of fighters haven't done : he stood his ground, didn't back off, he took some punishment for it, yes, but he delivered more than he received and finally got the TKO win, LL really wanted to get to that chin, and he did

in fact, LL IS the blueprint, because he was looking for that chin, and he got to it

the best way to beat either Klit is to go after them and pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
                  Vitali Klitschko is unbeatable.

- He has dominated every opponent he has ever faced.

- Has never been behind on the scorecards.

- Has a great chin, never been down.

- 38 KOs in 41 wins, greatest heavyweight champ KO% of all time.

- Only man ever to be world heavyweight champ in boxing and kickboxing.

Vitali is almost 40 now, came back after a 4 year layoff and is still dominating the heavyweight division. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.
                  yes, unbeatable with 2 losses

go away you clown

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                    Bullcrap. Lennox's resume alone is one of the greatest in heavyweight history and he actually beat Vitali in their one and only fight, so how the hell does he rank lower? And don't give me any "Lennox was lucky to win, Vitali was beating his ass," crap because it isn't true, regardless of whether you're a Vitali/Lennox 'nuthugger' or not.
                    I meant based on ability.
                    While the names on Lewis' resume are bigger consider that Tua had no hope against him from the beginning for obvious visible reasons and Lewis fought well done versions of Tyson and Holyfield and was convincingly stopped by Rahman and McCall .
                    Did anyone stop Vitali that way ? Lewis won just because of the cuts , not because he beat Vitali seriously.

Comment

Land a big punch rip his eye open and then win it seemed to work well for Lewis. Other than that i would say Hide style of moving and than coming in with a fast combo was working very well until Hide got hit, shame his chin was so terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X