• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy is right, Floyd is scared
    he knows Pac will fuck him up

Comment

Originally posted by Poochiao View Post
      He made over 30M fighting JMM and made over 45M fighting Mosley. One guy can sell 100K PPV's and the other guy should be fighting on HBO.

Floyd can fight Khan for an easy 40M in the UK and fight Canelo next year if he wants for an easy 30M.

Who can Manny fight that is going to make him this much money? NOBODY! Floyd makes twice as much money as Manny does per fight.

You don't think Floyd and Khan can sell out in the UK or middle east and sell over 1M PPV's in the UK and US? They should be able to sell 1M in the US and 1M in the UK. People in the UK love Floyd.
      khan and canelo are being built up as eventual opponents. the general consensus is that they still are not ready for floyd, if they will ever be.

even the boxing community in the uk thought the very idea of him fighting matthew hatton, in the uk, even, was outrageous.

floyd cannot fight bums, losers or unaccomplished "contenders." we know that. it's the very reason people aren't crazy about a mayweather- berto fight. people now want to see fighters that they truly believe can beat him.

jmm? gave the shooting star, pacquiao, all he could handle and served as a good measuring stick as floyd returned from retirement. in the end, we know how people picked apart and tried to discredit this win.

mosley? was thought to be floyd's equal in just about every physical attribute, just with more power and more of a warrior's mentality. in the end, he's old, he overtrained, he gassed, etc.

people don't really think berto can beat him so its either they wish pacquiao would do to him what he's done to his other recent opponents or wish that he fights paul williams/ sergio martinez so they can see him in a complete disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        Roy is right, Floyd is scared
        he knows Pac will fuck him up
        more than likely yes. i can jus see him dominating floyd early lol

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
          How the hell is Floyd gonna stop Pac-Marg from happening wtf RJJ lol

Been hit in the head too many times
          By fighting him?............................

Originally posted by bartolomewj View Post
          What's happening to Roy?

How can he betray Floyd?

Did RJJ just become Uncle Tom overnight?
          They were never teammates.

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          This is Roy Jones revealing himself. He use to think like this during is prime.
          Thats why he ducked Tarver for so long because he knew it would be tough.

Floyd is nothing like Roy. He didn't fight cab drivers, teachers, police, trash men.

Bob Arum blew the fight with that silly deadline.
          Name the teacher, cab driver, and trash man please.

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
          Silly comment by Roy. Chalk up all the posturing over the testing thing to a clash of egos. Neither guy wants to budge and as a result, the fight probably isn't going to come off. But PBF not believing in himself is bollocks.
          I agree,.... neither guy wants to budge... on top of that... Floyd was still getting checks in from the JMM fight even when he fought Mosley... and he is stillg etting checks in from the Mosley fight... The guy right now is getting paid MILLIONS and MILLIONS.... even though he knows the money he can make with pacquiao... as of right now, it's not as important because he has that much money right now... it doesnt matter AS MUCH because hes already made that much money.

So even though he wants the money, the need for it won't overcome his stubborness to get what he wants.

I don't think Floyd thinks for a second he can't beat Pac...

Floyd doesn't have the mindset for that.

In Floyds head, in his mind.. he really is the most skilled fighter ever... he truly believes it, he acts it, talks it, and he does perform it in the ring...

So there are reasons he didn't take the fight, but because he thinks Pac is going to beat him is not one of them... not in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Floyd will get paid well no matter who he fights so he does have options, but there is only one guy people really want to see him fight.

All the people saying Floyd is afraid, just like the people said he was afraid of Hatton, or Judah, or Mosley. How did the supposed fear help them out against Floyd~ doubt it goes much differently for Manny.

WHo said Floyd was afraid to fight:

- Hatton at 147 where he only fought once and looked average. Hatton was the true champ at 140 ... at 147 he was the pretender.

- Judah, who had just lost to Baldomir!!!! People know Judah had the talent but he just didn't have what it takes in the other departments. Judah even admits it and said that he has changed.... Oh, and doesn't have a stellar record at 147 either!

- Mosley, the 39 year old, out of prime, hadn't fought in almost 1.5 years and had 2 straight training camps (over-trained) and Floyd made sure that Mosley was PEDs free.

Those types of risks, Floyd is willing to take!!! lol!
            Last edited by ADP02; 11-04-2010, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              By fighting him?............................

They were never teammates.

Name the teacher, cab driver, and trash man please.

I agree,.... neither guy wants to budge... on top of that... Floyd was still getting checks in from the JMM fight even when he fought Mosley... and he is stillg etting checks in from the Mosley fight... The guy right now is getting paid MILLIONS and MILLIONS.... even though he knows the money he can make with pacquiao... as of right now, it's not as important because he has that much money right now... it doesnt matter AS MUCH because hes already made that much money.

So even though he wants the money, the need for it won't overcome his stubborness to get what he wants.

I don't think Floyd thinks for a second he can't beat Pac...

Floyd doesn't have the mindset for that.

In Floyds head, in his mind.. he really is the most skilled fighter ever... he truly believes it, he acts it, talks it, and he does perform it in the ring...

So there are reasons he didn't take the fight, but because he thinks Pac is going to beat him is not one of them... not in his head.

roy jones main message was on point even though he got a little lost with some of his comparisons. gamblers advisory basically said the same thing. floyd is hoping that margarito beats pacquiao so it eliminates pacquiao as an opponent & rival & floyd's status as the best is returned without having ever to set foot in the ring vs pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                roy jones main message was on point even though he got a little lost with some of his comparisons. gamblers advisory basically said the same thing. floyd is hoping that margarito beats pacquiao so it eliminates pacquiao as an opponent & rival & floyd's status as the best is returned without having ever to set foot in the ring vs pac.
                I just don't agree with Floyd thinking Pac will beat him.

I think Floyd should accept 7 days, just fight.. get in the ring and fight.

But..... If he doesn't, I still don't believe it's because he thinks Pac can beat him.. it will be something involving his ego.. either not getting the money split, or the gate split, what day the cutoff is... or something, just because he wants to get everything his way.

But, the way Floyd thinks.. the way his mind works... he really thinks there isn't a fighter on the planet that can, or could ever... beat him.

I believe he does believe that.

Whether it's true is a whole other subject, I am just giving my opinion of how Floyd views his skillset compared to other fighters.

Does he Floyd Mayweather really think Pacquiao can beat him?

In my honest opinion... not even close.

I'm really not a Floyd fan either.. I respect the skillset 100.. .but don't care for him to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

WHo said Floyd was afraid to fight:

- Hatton at 147 where he only fought once and looked average. Hatton was the true champ at 140 ... at 147 he was the pretender.

- Judah, who had just lost to Baldomir!!!! People know Judah had the talent but he just didn't have what it takes in the other departments. Judah even admits it and said that he has changed.... Oh, and doesn't have a stellar record at 147 either!

- Mosley, the 39 year old, out of prime, hadn't fought in almost 1.5 years and had 2 straight training camps (over-trained) and was PEDs free.

Those types of risks, Floyd is willing to take!!! lol!
                  People did say those things~

People predicted Floyd would have very tough tests in all three fights also, hopw did that turn out~

Comment

Originally posted by Poochiao View Post
                    Because Floyd has nothing to lose. Floyd can still fight the winner of Pac vs. Margacheato for an easy 40M. He has nothing to lose by Pac losing, but has something to gain. He would gain leverage in negotiations against Pac if Pac loses the fight and he would get the bigger split of the profits.

RJJ is being a hater. How is Floyd going to stop Arum from making this fight when Arum promised Margacheato a fight with Manny a long time ago?
                    do you think people will stomach a fight between Pac & Floyd after Pac loses to Marg?

yes he would gain leverage but honestly speaking Floyd would take the flak for making this absurd fight

Comment

Originally posted by AMIDAZED View Post
                      we all know it since early 90's

The fck you talking about? Floyd turned pro in 1996...

As for what Jones said, i tend to think the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X