No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Floyd does NOT believe he can beat Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poochiao View Post
    Because Floyd has nothing to lose. Floyd can still fight the winner of Pac vs. Margacheato for an easy 40M. He has nothing to lose by Pac losing, but has something to gain. He would gain leverage in negotiations against Pac if Pac loses the fight and he would get the bigger split of the profits.

RJJ is being a hater. How is Floyd going to stop Arum from making this fight when Arum promised Margacheato a fight with Manny a long time ago?
    floyd mayweather will not, cannot and does not want to fight margarito, whether he wins the fight or not. i just cannot see that happening.

don't be foolish and think that mayweather could make an "easy" 40 million fighting anyone other than who the people have chosen as the opposite to his "money" persona. there were very few options for pacquiao aside from margarito and there are NONE for mayweather aside from pacquiao.

floyd can't fight a loser at this point in his career. he would be crucified. when he came back saying he had come back to wrap up his legacy with this list he had made for golden boy...well, victor ortiz lost, he beat jmm, he beat mosley, cotto lost and pacquiao may very well be next. i don't believe margarito was on that list so who else does he have left? paul williams? andre berto? sergio martinez wasn't in his current position when he came back.

any other fighter would be boxing after dark material for him. they would net him about 10 million off top with more off endorsements.

Comment

I honestly think what it boils down to is Floyd doesn't think Pac should get 50% PPV.. Floyd is posturing and I think he wants 60% or 55%... Other then that its any one's guess what will make this fight happen.... Both of them are being picky little ****ers

Comment

Originally posted by Poochiao View Post

Floyd doesn't give a **** what you or the media thinks about him as a person.
        he started crying when the media didn't give him credit for beating baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
          floyd mayweather will not, cannot and does not want to fight margarito, whether he wins the fight or not. i just cannot see that happening.

don't be foolish and think that mayweather could make an "easy" 40 million fighting anyone other than who the people have chosen as the opposite to his "money" persona. there were very few options for pacquiao aside from margarito and there are NONE for mayweather aside from pacquiao.

floyd can't fight a loser at this point in his career. he would be crucified. when he came back saying he had come back to wrap up his legacy with this list he had made for golden boy...well, victor ortiz lost, he beat jmm, he beat mosley, cotto lost and pacquiao may very well be next. i don't believe margarito was on that list so who else does he have left? paul williams? andre berto? sergio martinez wasn't in his current position when he came back.

any other fighter would be boxing after dark material for him. they would net him about 10 million off top with more off endorsements.
          You don't make sense.

Floyd fought the guy that prison raped Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
            I honestly think what it boils down to is Floyd doesn't think Pac should get 50% PPV.. Floyd is posturing and I think he wants 60% or 55%... Other then that its any one's guess what will make this fight happen.... Both of them are being picky little ****ers
            That may be another reason it hasn't happen yet also.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
              Floyd agreed to 50 50 right off the bat.

Where have you been??

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
                there were very few options for pacquiao aside from margarito and there are NONE for mayweather aside from pacquiao.
                While you're correct about Mayweather not having any other option at welterweight than Pacquiao, you're wrong about the "very few" options for Pacquiao. Bradley, Berto, and Paul Williams were all willing and waiting to fight him. All three would have brought a certain amount of credibility to his résumé. It's true that Margarito brought in the most money but it also brought Pacquiao a lot of disdain from the boxing media. While Margarito makes the most financial sense, Pacquiao fighting anyone would bring in big numbers. Arum shot himself in the foot saying that Bradley and Williams didn't bring in the money because Clottey certainly didn't bring in the Ghanian population to watch the fight.

Comment

That has been the only time FMJ has been knocked down, and the referee said it was not... PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                    sure roy. juicer sticking up for another juicer. how do you explain pac walking away both times?
                    ur the idiot saying there is no negotiations last time. lol cmon make up ur mind asian chicker hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                      This is Roy Jones revealing himself. He use to think like this during is prime.
                      Thats why he ducked Tarver for so long because he knew it would be tough.

Floyd is nothing like Roy. He didn't fight cab drivers, teachers, police, trash men.

Bob Arum blew the fight with that silly deadline.
                      Floyd made a lot of big fights, where Roy continued to price himself out of big fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X