No announcement yet.

Do u believe in the phantom punch???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Yes, I am...and, yeah, people often regurgitate stuff they hear somewhere else and pass it off as fact...it snowballs into a FACT (even if it isnt)
    Cool, ive got ur fight with Micheal Nunn on dvd.

I like Ali's take - Everybody blinked at once! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
      Yes thats what happend the fight should off been allowed to continue as the count shouldnt have started until Ali was in the corner, Walcott should have let the fight carry on it was just a complet mix up but people love there conspiracy theories.
      Same situation as the Dempsey/Tunney rematch. And Douglas was down pretty long against Tyson as I remember. Yeah the fight should've been allowed to go on, though the outcome probably would've been the same.

Don't think the "phantom punch" rumor would've survived today, what with the evidence much more easily confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Cool, ive got ur fight with Micheal Nunn on dvd.

I like Ali's take - Everybody blinked at once! lol
        yeah, Ali came up with some very clever stuff like that in his day...VERY quick witted guy

Comment

great counter punch the liston walked into..alot of leverage on it aswell

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            yeah, Ali came up with some very clever stuff like that in his day...VERY quick witted guy
            I often think how great it would be to have Ali in this era of 24/7 shows and the like, Gold!

Have u read Ghosts of Manilla? Paints a much darker picture of Ali

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
              great counter punch the liston walked into..alot of leverage on it aswell
              larry u wanna take another bet on the Williams fight? I got punisher 50k?

Comment

First of all, you can fake going down to a shot if you prepare for it. I think its funny Ali claimed Liston used blinding substances on his gloves, but then his fans claim that he was too noble to take a dive. Also, how good was Liston? Accordign to Ali he cheated and would blind his opponents? You really think liston only cheated against Ali? My guess is he blinded all of his opponents. Isnt that what Margarito haters say? Once a cheat always a cheat? So to start it off, Ali beat a cheater. A guy who would beat blinded opponents in the ring. Good job...

Second the fight was probably fixed. Their first fight was a DRAW on the scorecards when liston pulled out. Love all the people acting like Ali was killing Liston first time around. It was a draw on the cards. Second, Liston wasnt known for going down to shots like that, not saying it couldnt happen, but that punch was weak and most boxers would have been fine. Why was Ali so mad? If Ali just leveled the guy why was he yelling at Liston and believed Liston took a dive? I missed when Oliver McCall was mad at Lewis for taking a dive....

Third even if the fight was real, Liston shouldnt have been counted out. That was a joke. If Henry Cooper was allowed to stand over Ali when he knocked him almost through the ropes, he would have KO'ed Ali easily. Jersey Joe Walcott...not only was he an overrated fighter, but he was also a terrible ref.

That whole fight was a sham, in fact both Liston vs. Ali fights are garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  I often think how great it would be to have Ali in this era of 24/7 shows and the like, Gold!

Have u read Ghosts of Manilla? Paints a much darker picture of Ali
                  who has written it?

Is the author any good?

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntufighter View Post
                    who has written it?

Is the author any good?
                    Its by a guy called Mark Kram, im not sure what else he has written but i thought this one was a good read, a bit different to alot of the Ali stuff

Comment

Conspiracies always seem to intrigue people more than boring facts. Hey John were there any other fighters who could generate as much power(P4P) with arm punches as George Foreman?

Comment

Working...
                      X