Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Video] Andre Dirrell: who was that doctor???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the doctors name is...what's his name? Conrad Murray something?

Comment

Anybody here ever dealt with concussions closely?
      I've never had one but i've been around quite a few in my day, especially in my youth when i was an athlete.

A brain scan is academic when determining whether or not a cleanly knocked out fighter(or anyone else) has been concussed

Dirrell was essentially knocked out cold

When the pupils are completely dilated (i never checked andre's pupils, but him being unconscious on the ground would lead me to believe they dilated) the brain has been concussed.

The damage may or may not show up when scanning the brain, but you'd better believe the brain took a hard hit if it shut down (loss of consciousness.) Think about the logistic nightmare that would be a scan of the activity in a human brain
      you've got skin, hair, and plenty of skull to "scan through"

additionally you're looking at what's essentially a collection of fatty tissue and nerves and blood vessels and electricity

it's not hard to imagine the process of scanning a fighter's brain for damage being a less than exact science

i'm glad andre's cornermen are essentially all family members.
      he still doesnt seem like he's right in the head to me.

he never struck me as a durable fighter

his career might be over

I've said this a few times and i'll stick withit
      if Andre Dirrell faked the injury stemming from his dq win over AA he's got the best chin in boxing and the dumbest financial backers

AA is a p4p puncher and he hit andre flush on the jaw with the hardest punch he could throw

if he was litterally unfazed by that punch, and with it enough to plan an impromptu wild scheme to exit the tournament.... well you get the idea

he was actyually knocked out cold when AA hit him when he was down
      he didnt remember a goddamn thing
      and his career has been devastated
      Last edited by New England; 10-31-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

He did not want the fight, lame excuse. Showtime should have put in the contract that any bullshi* excuses for dropping out of the tournament will mean a mandatory next fight with Lucian Bute.

Comment

Like I said before, Dirrell is only kidding himself if this is all a load of bullshit, as soon as he comes back he will get slated.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post

just ****in retire dirrell!!!! neurological problems are a big deal so just quit boxing. it's not like you won't ever get hit in the head again.

Comment

The forgetting the doctor's name wasn't the red flag for me. It was Dirrel's camp wanting a lawyer present when discussing this issue that was the indication that they are full of crap about his "neurological problems". Dirrel ducked Ward and later down the road when he's "symptom free" they will get him in the ring again.

I think the Dirrel camp just dug themselves a grave.

Comment

lmao SHAW HIGH?!

Couldn't come up with something better?

hmm let's see, who's his promoter? Gary Shaw

and what are they always? High.

I'm seriously gonna look this Shaw High character up in the Michigan registered doctors database.

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
                  lmao SHAW HIGH?!

Couldn't come up with something better?

hmm let's see, who's his promoter? Gary Shaw

and what are they always? High.

I'm seriously gonna look this Shaw High character up in the Michigan registered doctors database.
                  yah, that's the one that jumped out of the page out for me as well!

Comment

There is no such doctor as Shaw High. Google that name. You cannot find anything....

Comment

Andre Dirrell is a disgrace to America.

We are ashamed to share the same continent as him.

Comment

Working...
                      X