Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should ESPN replace Teddy Atlas with somebody better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Monday's Greisman's "Fighting Words:"

It’s great that SportsCenter had Brian Kenny and Teddy Atlas on ESPN2 at 1 a.m. to dissect what had just happened on the HBO pay-per-view. It’s a shame that Kenny and Atlas were interviewed separately by a SportsCenter anchor, because Atlas made a false, damaging statement that otherwise would’ve been connected by the on-point Kenny had Kenny been the anchor.

Atlas told this one anchor – and, more importantly, the audience – that Manny Pacquiao had refused Olympic-style drug testing as a term for a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

This is not true.

Pacquiao agreed to drug tests, but the hang-up was on if there would be a cut-off date for those tests and when that cut-off date would be.

And it’s not like SportsCenter is going to run an on-air correction. The damage is done – and the clip is still posted on ESPN’s website.
    This is a blatantly incorrect, and irresponcible, statement by Atlas. Atlas should apologize to Pacquaio for his error...
    Last edited by BostonGuy; 11-16-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

why because of what he said about manny and floyd after the margarito fight? shut the **** up sissy---teddy knows more about boxing than anybody on that ****ing network combined---replace dan gaefeal and mike wilbon and his flunkies should stop talking about boxing---they don't know **** on pti-----brian kenny is okay with me--but other than that---teddy is boxing's best on espn-----stop making threads cowboy---

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
        why because of what he said about manny and floyd after the margarito fight? shut the **** up sissy---teddy knows more about boxing than anybody on that ****ing network combined---replace dan gaefeal and mike wilbon and his flunkies should stop talking about boxing---they don't know **** on pti-----brian kenny is okay with me--but other than that---teddy is boxing's best on espn-----stop making threads cowboy---
        Wow, are you ever stupid.

Comment

so much negativity coming out of teddy's mouth that you rather welcome elie sechback as his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            From Monday's Greisman's "Fighting Words:"

This is a blatantly incorrect, and irresponcible, statement by Atlas. Atlas should apologize to Pacquaio for his error...
            Then he didn't agree to OST because he didn't agree to random testing. This is why there was no on air correction, same as there was no correction when Teddy reported that Manny's camp asked about the penalty(ies) if he tested positive.

ESPN anchors can give all the opinions they want, (like Wilbon saying Floyd is scared)but they can't get on air and lie(like Dan Rafael can say floyd is ducking manny but he cant and hasn't said floyd hasn't agreed to fight).

Teddy didn't lie in Decmebr 09 and he didn't lie in the post fight commentary.

Comment

sum of u b1tches never cease 2 amaze me....

Comment

I voted to keep him just because he is so funny. He has no idea what he is talking about. Ever.

Comment

Don't hate on Teddy because he is not a *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Teddy knows what he is talking about.

Comment

According to the poll result, looks like most people think Teddy should be replaced.

Replacing him would be good of the sport of boxing.

I hope Teddy visits this website and sees the poll result, but he's probably too stupid to use a computer.

Comment

Even though Teddy pisses me off a lot, and I'll probably want him gone in a couple weeks here's what he has going for him: He's a genuine dude on a network of slapstick manufactured cartoon characters (See: Lou Holtz and Dick Vitale). He's not a vanilla announcer either, something we have way too much in sports. He's different, and I'd rather have that than some alternatives. He knows boxing and he makes me laugh.

Does he say outlandish things and make me shake my head? Yes, but better that than some lame ass announcer who takes a poll and creates an "opinion" with the majority every damn time. I just don't understand the outrage and hate...

Comment

Working...
                      X