Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Margarito being weight drained was the reason Capetillo tried to cheat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Margarito being weight drained was the reason Capetillo tried to cheat?

Margarito came into the Mosley camp a little off focus because of his big win against Cotto, and only had a short amount of time to shed 35 pounds.

Maybe knowing Margarito wasn't prepared and might lose his title, he decided to try to cheat just for this fight alone.

I mean if he hadn't gotten caught before now, it's hard to assume he's been cheating his entire career.

I watched the Cotto-Margarito fight again, but extra close, and I noticed Margarito just put non-stop pressure on Cotto fromt he first second to the last and was hitting him with everything but the kitchen sink. He landed as many punches as Pacquiao did and Margarito is the stronger puncher with the wider hooks and uppercuts.

Maybe he only tried to cheat with Mosley and that's it, because they were desperate.

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
    Margarito came into the Mosley camp a little off focus because of his big win against Cotto, and only had a short amount of time to shed 35 pounds.

Maybe knowing Margarito wasn't prepared and might lose his title, he decided to try to cheat just for this fight alone.

I mean if he hadn't gotten caught before now, it's hard to assume he's been cheating his entire career.

I watched the Cotto-Margarito fight again, but extra close, and I noticed Margarito just put non-stop pressure on Cotto fromt he first second to the last and was hitting him with everything but the kitchen sink. He landed as many punches as Pacquiao did and Margarito is the stronger puncher with the wider hooks and uppercuts.

Maybe he only tried to cheat with Mosley and that's it, because they were desperate.
    Stop with all the excuses.

Shane whips tony no matter what he weighs.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
      Stop with all the excuses.

Shane whips tony no matter what he weighs.
      It's only an excuse if you're trying to defend who you're talking about. I don't care about Margarito's perception or his image, I'm just trying to better understand what's going on.

Maybe you should read what somebody wrote before you reply to them.

Comment

I believe the trainer panicked when he realized that he was sending in a poorly conditioned fighter into the ring.

Comment

it's possible
          there has to be a reason he pulled that shit
          this is the only one that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I believe the trainer panicked when he realized that he was sending in a poorly conditioned fighter into the ring.
            And casually he had a set of plaster to insert in the wraps inside his bag, or he just prepared them right there and then?

Comment

I have heard that as a theory. They were using dodgy scales in his training camp which kept reading that he was 2lbs over. If you notice, he came in at 145 at the weigh in which is one of the lowest of his career.

We'll never know for sure though, just like we'll never know if he used the wraps before.

Comment

I find it terribly ironic that only 1 of the fighters was caught cheating....when it could easily be assumed the winner was EPO-assisted.

Mosley must've caught lightning in a bottle....or something else in a bottle.

because he's looked like a helplessly, embarrassingly shot has-been since then.
                Last edited by NesNY; 10-27-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I am not totally doubting it.

Seems very possible actually, but there's no hard evidence to back that up unfortunately.

Comment

Margacheato never sued Capetillo, so Margacheato knew he was cheating. Plus, most boxers pay attention to how their hands are wrapped. Nazim Richardson said a block fell out of Margacheatos hand-wrap.

Comment

Working...
                    X