Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all the ******s that called Floyd Jr. the all time best 130lb...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chups View Post
    Floyd might be a greater fighter than Elorde overall but not as a Superfeather.
    What does not being a title fight have to do with winning against a great? Morales - Pac trilogy were non-titles it must be irrelevant? Fuck Sam Langford too...why was he great?

yea your right, title fights arent the most important to me. its the quality of opponent in my opinion.

I have floyd number 3 in this division behind Arguello and Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      You can mount a very legitimate case for Floyd Mayweather being the best 130 pounder of all time.
      Exactly........

People give Floyd credit for nothing.

Comment

Yeah lets not ever say Flash is better than Floyd again.

Like ever.

Comment

I think some of the comments in this thread prove that people didnt start following Floyd unitl 2007.

Dude was an absolute freak of nature at 130 Pounds. Period.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18873

maybe I'm just a bit of a homer (Nicaraguan-born)...and "I'ma let you finish"....but Alexis Arguello has to be the greatest super FW (junior LW) of all time.

Arguello v. Escalera I is #31 on Ring Mag's 100 Greatest fights all-time. If you haven't seen it, go watch it.

Arguello's career (I'll throw in Ruben Olivares).....Alfredo Escalera, Rafel Limon, Bobby Chacon, Ruben Castillo, Rolando Navarette, and throw in Boza-Edwards...those are just the fights he won at or close to super FW.

Now I know Floyd was great at 130...but you'll be hard pressed to get anyone to confidently put 130lb Floyd over Arguello, save for some of the delusional Floyd c*ckboys on NSB.
            Last edited by NesNY; 10-24-2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              I think some of the comments in this thread prove that people didnt start following Floyd unitl 2007.

Dude was an absolute freak of nature at 130 Pounds. Period.
              reggie sanders nearly beat him at 130. alexis arguello or azumah nelson would have never nearly lost to reggie(45 losses) sanders. using ***** logic is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
                http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18873

maybe I'm just a bit of a homer (Nicaraguan-born)...and "I'ma let you finish"....but Alexis Arguello has to be the greatest super FW (junior LW) of all time.

Arguello v. Escalera I is #31 on Ring Mag's 100 Greatest fights of ALL TIME. If you haven't seen it, go watch it.

Arguello's career (I'll throw in Ruben Olivares).....Alfredo Escalera, Rafel Limon, Bobby Chacon, Ruben Castillo, Rolando Navarette, and throw in Boza-Edwards.

Now I know Floyd was great at 130...but you'll be hard pressed to get anyone to confidently put 130lb Floyd over Arguello.
                i rank arguello over floyd also but its close and i def think those two are alone at the top of 130. ppl say elorde, should be up there but elorde got smacked around too much. arguello and floyd seemed all but untouchable at 130 and im talking about floyd fresh out of the olympics. he was just that much better than anybody he fought at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  reggie sanders nearly beat him at 130. alexis arguello or azumah nelson would have never nearly lost to reggie(45 losses) sanders. using ***** logic is fun!
                  Did you just use Floyds second fight, a 4 round fight to make this ******ed ass post?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    lmao...did u just say reggie sanders??? that was like the 3rd or 4th person floyd fought in a 4 round fight??? u my friend are a loser.... and sanders still lost and it wasnt that close either. go away, ur trolling.

Comment

And please don't forget how brittle Floyd's hands were at 130lbs.

just wanted to remind you guys of that. Meanwhile, Arguello was thought to be the most devastating puncher of his division at 130lbs (Arguello rounds out Ring Mag's top 20 Greatest punchers EVER).

Floyd won on the effect of accurate punches...not necessarily on power. And you'd be a fool to think Mayweather could go 15 rounds with those brittle knuckles...with someone of Arguello's caliber (but then again, this isn't a head-to-head comparison, it's a Relative comparison).
                      Last edited by NesNY; 10-24-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X