Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali is the best? hits harder than foreman and lennox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
    How is what he said hate?...
    3 other posters have asked him this same question and he has not answered it.

Maybe because, he can't. He don't know how I was hating with that post.

He just talking out of his ass like he normally does.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      3 other posters have asked him this same question and he has not answered it.

Maybe because, he can't. He don't know how I was hating with that post.

He just talking out of his ass like he normally does.
      He made a topic about it...

Anyway, I didn't see it as hate. I didn't even get to the other pages to see what anyone else wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
        Foreman is the one hardest hitters in boxing history, you dont what y'all chatting about.
        So why did Lewis knock Briggs out but Foreman didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
          So why did Lewis knock Briggs out but Foreman didn't?
          Is it possible that Foreman being damn near 49 years old had anything to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
            im not taking away todays fight im jsut questioning his post fight comments
            You're free to question him, of course, but then where do you draw the line? Is every boxers' comments regarding the punching power of his opponents to be taken into question then if it doesn't square up to the reality? Holmes said Shavers was the hardest puncher he ever faced, yet Shavers never knocked him out. Tyson did. Holyfield said Foreman was the hardest puncher he ever faced, yet it was Bowe who stopped him and knocked him down. Truth is, someone who's getting punched hard in the head isn't in much of a position to judge anything let alone something so nuanced as the relative punch strength of one 250lb man with bricks in his fists vs another 250lb man with bricks in his fists.

Comment

Is it possible that Foreman being damn near 49 years old had anything to do with it?
              Of course it does, but both Holyfield and Briggs (prior to the Vit fight) said that he hit harder than Lewis. This clearly doesn't square with the reality of their fights, hence they were both talking monumental shit and by association call into question the veracity of any fighters' post fight comments.
              Last edited by nomadman; 10-16-2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

You're free to question him, of course, but then where do you draw the line? Is every boxers' comments regarding the punching power of his opponents to be taken into question then if it doesn't square up to the reality? Holmes said Shavers was the hardest puncher he ever faced, yet Shavers never knocked him out. Tyson did. Holyfield said Foreman was the hardest puncher he ever faced, yet it was Bowe who stopped him and knocked him down. Truth is, someone who's getting punched hard in the head isn't in much of a position to judge anything let alone something so nuanced as the relative punch strength of one 250lb man with bricks in his fists vs another 250lb man with bricks in his fists.
                Right but punch resistance does go with age at times. Holmes was prime against Shavers. Now aganst Tyson not so much. Do you agree?

And, Foreman was still 40+ year old when he fought Holyfield. Again is it POSSIBLE that could have been something to do with not KO'ing Holy? And, the reason why Bowe dropped dropped Holy is cuz he was more active than the old man? And, it was the third fight of a grueling trilogy? Could that be probable?

Just my opinion but I would not hesitate to declare Foreman a harder puncher than Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Vitali is obviously the greatest.

Shannon Briggs is a truthful warrior, he ain't gonna lie about this ****.

Comment

Right but punch resistance does go with age at times. Holmes was prime against Shavers. Now aganst Tyson not so much. Do you agree?
                    Not really. Holmes went on to fight at the highest competitive level of boxing for another ten years, beating Mercer, and being taken the distance with both prime Holyfield and prime McCall never being stopped or knocked down again since then. Sure, he wasn't as fresh against Tyson as against Shavers but I think the whole "Holmes was a shot old man" stuff really gets overblown to discredit Tyson and big up Shavers.

And, Foreman was still 40+ year old when he fought Holyfield. Again is it POSSIBLE that could have been something to do with not KO'ing Holy? And, the reason why Bowe dropped dropped Holy is cuz he was more active than the old man? And, it was the third fight of a grueling trilogy? Could that be probable?
                    Yeah, yeah, course it's probable. But you're missing my point which is that a lot of fighters simply can't be trusted regarding what they say. So many people said that Foreman was the hardest hitter they faced that it almost became unfashionable to do so. It became a competition to see who could come up with the catchiest and most imaginative quote. Yet these were frequently fighters who were beaten worse shortly before or shortly after facing him. Were they telling the truth?

Just my opinion but I would not hesitate to declare Foreman a harder puncher than Lennox Lewis.
                    Yeah you're welcome to that opinion, but name me one knockout of Foreman's that was more devastating than the second Rahman fight.

Comment

your absolutly right.

Comment

Working...
                      X