Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is having TOO much courage a good or a bad thing in Boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. At least with the Cotto - Clottey fight, Cotto's courage was bad for him.
    The master headbutter had done his job in opening a blinding cut. Most boxers would say: I can't see from that eye and the fight would of gone to the score cards.
    He could of won easy, but He didn't. He fought blind most of the fight and won a very close fight.
    Courage was bad for Cotto that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Ric View Post
      "I don't deserve to get beat up like this. … I'm not going to go out on my back. … I'd rather just stop while I'm ahead and that way I can speak well when I'm older. I have a lot of thinking to do."

Vs

The school of though that you go out on your back rather than quit....no matter what....(specially if your a Mexican fighter)

What say you?
      Your question answers itself. Yes, it can be very bad. Billy Collins had too much courage.

Comment

Originally posted by carrbobandweave View Post
        Easy to say when you're not a pro fighter
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duk_Koo_Kim
        It was easy for Diego Corrales to say. And, he said it plenty of times. And, acted in the ring like he meant it.

Last I check he was a pro boxer was he not?

Comment

Theres no such thing as too much courage being a good thing.

Fighters who have had courage have had enough to see them through the figh game. Some even taking painkilling injections and whatever to get them through a fight.

The greatest fighters have had enough courage to take them all the way to the top and shine on through history. am talking Ray Robinson, Ali, Foreman here.

Then theres just being plain stupid and having an overblown ego. You have to believe in yourself and have a will to win but if that will to win makes you into an animal in your personal life you need some special attention.

Comment

More fighters need to be like JMM.

Why become a pro fighter if your heart is not in it because you already know boxing is a dangerous sport before you become a pro? What Ortiz did was a ***** move.

Comment

bad see Meldrick Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                bad see Meldrick Taylor
                Point taken........

Comment

Everything in this world needs a balance. Yin and Yang. Too much heart will result in death or mental illness and too less heart, well hell you will get SHlT on for not having heart in boxing.

I'm not one to call a boxer a pu$$y or BlTCH for quitting cause im not the one in there taking punches. Same guys who insults boxers who quit dont say SHlT when one of them dies in the ring. "They knew the risks of boxing" bullSHlT excuse u hear from them but you honestly believe they are fighting to the death for themselves? No, its to please you fans. They dont want to be called a pu$$y so their self conscious sets a bar on how much they wont "fold" till death. Just to please US. It comes from the fans. It's gotta be a time where we say man just quit or give up before you get killed instead of calling the man a "pu$$y " or "BlTCH" for risking their life to please you. Dont be selfish.

Just like back in the Gladiator coliseum days.

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post
                    Everything in this world needs a balance. Yin and Yang. Too much heart will result in death or mental illness and too less heart, well hell you will get SHlT on for not having heart in boxing.

I'm not one to call a boxer a pu$$y or BlTCH for quitting cause im not the one in there taking punches. Same guys who insults boxers who quit dont say SHlT when one of them dies in the ring. "They knew the risks of boxing" bullSHlT excuse u hear from them but you honestly believe they are fighting to the death for themselves? No, its to please you fans. They dont want to be called a pu$$y so their self conscious sets a bar on how much they wont "fold" till death. Just to please US. It comes from the fans. It's gotta be a time where we say man just quit or give up before you get killed instead of calling the man a "pu$$y " or "BlTCH" for risking their life to please you. Dont be selfish.

I hear ya brotha but at the end of the day.....that is what puts asses on seats....most folks dont tune in for defense.......Offense....and lots of it is what makes **** roll..........true story!

Comment

Originally posted by killacash View Post

Couldn't have said it better. It's all about balance. Too much of anything can't be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X