Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Is Responsible for Hatton's Depression/Drug Addiction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Sad that people are trying to claim this....

Hatton is probably not depressed or a drug addict. Hes rich and has a lot more time on his hands. Snorting a few lines of coke doesnt immediately make you a junkie.
    The dude's ballooned up to Heavyweight status. Nobody (especially a professional athlete) who has their life together would let themselves go that far so when he says he's depressed i believe him.

Also he wouldn't claim to be a junkie if he wasnt one. He could've easily said he was doing it recreationally like that coward Calzaghe and eventually it would've blown over. People enter drug treatment programs for a reason.

Stories like this should make fighters think long and hard before taking a fight with Mayweather.
    Last edited by Mr. President; 09-22-2010, 01:15 AM.

Comment

na pacquiao is. gettin hit with a punch and being ko'd the way he was is heartbreaking. he got knocked the **** out in front of the entire world. it must suck like hell 2 have 2 live with that as a man u know. we have a lot of pride and that **** must hurt a mans ego 2 the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
        Let me first say that i respect Hatton so i'm not trying to kick him while he's down. But looking at how everything's played out for him recently, it's obvious what event lead to his early retirement, depression, and well publicized cocaine use.

A couple of years ago he was on top of the world. He was undefeated, a national icon/role model in the U.K, and as he's said in many interviews, his personal life couldnt have been better. It was his fight with Money Mayweather that shattered his pride and lead to the downward spiral we're still witnessing today. If Floyd hadnt of brutally KO'd him he definitely would've given Pacquiao a run for his money and he'd still be one of the most respected figures in his country.

In hindsight, the chain of events which saw his professional and personal lives fall apart all started from a Mayweather left hand. I just thought that was ironic considering Baldomir, De La Hoya, and now Mosley are also shells of their former selves professionally since their fights with Floyd. Could we be dealing with a "Mayweather curse" or do you think that's purely coincidence?
        Complete delusional moron.

this is as pathetic as it gets. I used to actually like this site.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
          na pacquiao is. gettin hit with a punch and being ko'd the way he was is heartbreaking. he got knocked the **** out in front of the entire world. it must suck like hell 2 have 2 live with that as a man u know. we have a lot of pride and that **** must hurt a mans ego 2 the fullest.
          That arguement doesnt work for me because Mayweather/Hatton outsold Hatton/Pac in PPV buys and it was also the first time he tasted defeat.

Not to mention the prestigue of beating one of the greatest athletes of all time in Floyd Mayweather is a far greater achievement than giving Pacquiao another loss.

Comment

That arguement doesnt work for me because Mayweather/Hatton outsold Hatton/Pac in PPV buys and it was also the first time he tasted defeat.

Not to mention the prestigue of beating one of the greatest athletes of all time in Floyd Mayweather is a far greater achievement than giving Pacquiao another loss.

you are so biased therefore your arguments are not believable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Sad that people are trying to claim this....

Hatton is probably not depressed or a drug addict. Hes rich and has a lot more time on his hands. Snorting a few lines of coke doesnt immediately make you a junkie.
              come on now D.....snortin' a FEW lines CAN take it there to junkie status.....what we saw was JUST one night....who knows how much he REALLY been doing.....just sayin

Comment

what is so ironic to me is that hattonteased floyd about how he hit the mitts, then hired floyd's dad to train him-lol-----floyd did damper hatton, that's true---he was never the same again---that's what fighters think about i believe when they are about to fight floyd---hatton did not want any part of floyd back in 2004 and 2005 when floyd was in his absolute prime----hatton found some type of hope and confidence in 2007 and decided floyd was the fight he needed and wanted---it's all mental----from floyd's trash talking, to the press conferences, to 24/7, to the altercation at the weigh-in, to people really believing hatton was in the fight, when he really never was, and hatton will tell you this, especially after watching the fight so many times i'm sure-----i don't know about hatton's drug addiction and weight gain and retirement---but he lost in terrible fashion to manny and floyd----but floyd started it for sure----hatton was undefeated, he was in the biggest fight he's ever been in, the toughest fight he's ever been in----and against the greatest fighter he's ever fought when he fought floyd and was stopped in bad fashion------it weighed on ricky for a long time, i don't know how bad, but it was bad------manny didn't help anything either---it happened all over again---

the bottom line is, i hope ricky gets better and turns his life around, he means too much to life to do things that could shorten his---God bless you Ricky-----please get help man---i've been there----you have a son to live for man-----you're an icon and a beloved fighter and will always be----please get help man---i hope he sees the light some day-----

Comment

Originally posted by AnthalaX View Post
                  you are so biased therefore your arguments are not believable.
                  Manny's already got 3 losses on his record from less than stellar competition. Floyd's never been beaten therefore any educated boxing fan would agree that breaking his undefeated streak would be a bigger win.

If you have a hard time believing that then you're watching the wrong sport.

Comment

Floyds win over Hatton doesnt really count.....being at WW.............Hatton knows this..........floyd knows this..................dont know why *****s dont......LOL

Comment

Manny's already got 3 losses on his record from less than stellar competition. Floyd's never been beaten therefore any educated boxing fan would agree that breaking his undefeated streak would be a bigger win.

If you have a hard time believing that then you're watching the wrong sport.
                      Henry Armstrong lost his 1st professional fight. I suppose Sugar Ray Robinson's win over armstrong is less significant than the tomato can who beat him in his 1st pro fight according to your logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X