Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does B-Hop have to do to prove to you that he a top 20 ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally think its incredible that he is figthing at an elite level at 45 going on 46. Just amazing to me.

Comment

I think it's nearly impossible for any modern day fighter to make the top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
        I personally think its incredible that he is figthing at an elite level at 45 going on 46. Just amazing to me.
        I'd hold off on that. He didn't look elite in his last fight, that's for sure. And as Mack mentioned before, Hops is an ATG already - not because of his age but his accomplishments. That's what matters. Maybe if you created a list of longetivity rankings then he'd be top ten.

Comment

Oh if he wins. It will be incredible but not to be in the top 20 ATG.

Comment

what if he cleaned out the light heavyweight division, then moved to heavyweight and beat Wladimir?

Comment

he is already Top 50 I don't know about making Top 20

Hopkins is a beast though and a legend, he legacy was sealed years ago, the stuff he is doing now can't help or hurt his career IMO

just like Foreman coming back didn't help or hurt his career because he was already a Legend

Comment

what if he cleaned out the light heavyweight division, then moved to heavyweight and beat Wladimir?
                Sure. Now if you don't mind, I'm trying to figure out how Miss Piggy just flew by my window lol.

Comment

He would have to rewind time and beat RJJ, Joe Calzaghe, fight and beat guys like Griffen, Toney, Benn, Eubank, Collins McCallum, Ottke etc...Doesnt necessarily have to do all of that, but I dont know, beating one of those guys (2nd RJJ fight doesnt count) would go a long long way.

Im sorry, I hate when guys fight late into their careers like Foreman did and people give them sooo much credit for all their wins at that age and ignore when guys like Tommy Machine Gunn destroy them.

BHop is an ATG, but from 1990-Present there have been a lot of great MW-LHWs than either Bhop didnt face or who beat him. From 1993-2004 he was great and the Trinidad and Johnson wins are great as well, but top 20 ATG? Too many guys he chose not to fight along the way and if he's top 20 you gotta put Jones at number 1 or something.

Comment

why should foreman be judged for a loss past his prime? hes suppose to lose at those ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                      He would have to rewind time and beat RJJ, Joe Calzaghe, fight and beat guys like Griffen, Toney, Benn, Eubank, Collins McCallum, Ottke etc...Doesnt necessarily have to do all of that, but I dont know, beating one of those guys (2nd RJJ fight doesnt count) would go a long long way.

Im sorry, I hate when guys fight late into their careers like Foreman did and people give them sooo much credit for all their wins at that age and ignore when guys like Tommy Machine Gunn destroy them.

BHop is an ATG, but from 1990-Present there have been a lot of great MW-LHWs than either Bhop didnt face or who beat him. From 1993-2004 he was great and the Trinidad and Johnson wins are great as well, but top 20 ATG? Too many guys he chose not to fight along the way and if he's top 20 you gotta put Jones at number 1 or something.
                      Who at MW did hopkins not fight?

"Griffen, Toney, Benn, Eubank, Collins McCallum, Ottke" none of these guys where in his division...

Comment

Working...
                      X