Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the great heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
    He'd beat Tyson
    That's the one I'm least decided about but I am leaning towards Wlad having a panic when Tyson bobs and weaves and starts to get inside.

This is prime Tyson we are talking about... one of the fastest and most aggressive ever.

Comment

2010 Wladimir Klitschko beats any heavyweight from any era.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
        That's the one I'm least decided about but I am leaning towards Wlad having a panic when Tyson bobs and weaves and starts to get inside.

This is prime Tyson we are talking about... one of the fastest and most aggressive ever.
        I think Wlad is just too big to let him inside. Man would just wrestle him if he did.

Then again theres that Wlad chin..but he usually gets up after knockdowns and recovers well.

I cna see him getting knocked down a couple of times and just dusting himself off and Tyson sitting in his corner saying he can't believe the toughness of the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
          2010 Wladimir Klitschko beats any heavyweight from any era.
          No way does he beat Lennox. No no way in hell.

Lewis has the perfect combination of speed, toughness, size, boxing ability to see Wlad away inside the distance. If he concentrated and didn't get KTFO that is....

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
            I think Wlad is just too big to let him inside. Man would just wrestle him if he did.

Then again theres that Wlad chin..
            Like I said, it's a really hard one to call. Different days I see different things.

Comment

Top 15-30....

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                No way does he beat Lennox. No no way in hell.

Lewis has the perfect combination of speed, toughness, size, boxing ability to see Wlad away inside the distance. If he concentrated and didn't get KTFO that is....
                Vitali Klitschko dominated Lennox Lewis and scared him into retirement.

2010 Wladimir Klitschko brutally KOs any version of Lennox Lewis.
                Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 09-26-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
                  Vitali Klitschko dominated Lennox Lewis and scared him into retirement.

2010 Wladimir Klitschko brutally KOs any version of Lennox Lewis.
                  Does this look like someone who just dominated a fight?

The only reason Wlad is better than Vitali is because Wlad watched what Lennox did to his brother.

He wouldn't be able to deal with Lennox tactics and strategy. This is a man who can be just as ice-cold as Wlad in a storm (Holyfield), he can whip a storm up with ease (Vitali), has a better jab, defence and a much stronger chin in his prime than Wlad.

So, I'm sorry Lennox would give Wlad a real chess lesson.
                  Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 09-26-2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Emanuel Steward: I could not train a man to beat Wladimir Klitschko

Steward. “Wladimir is gonna be the one I don’t think I could train a man to beat the way he is. I’m serious. I’ve never had a fighter – I went from Holyfield and all the guys I’ve worked with, never, Lennox – Wladimir is a very, very committed, very difficult fighter to beat. Because he won’t let you fight him. He makes you fight what he wants you to fight. But the biggest thing which I think people are not looking at is his speed for a big man. Tremendous speed. Foot Speed. He can move in, explode, move out, move back in, explode, and I’ve never seen anyone that could…move in and out and be in perfect balance,”

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis was badly hurt and was staggering around the ring like a drunk, he barely survived the 2nd round. Lewis was getting outboxed, outworked, outlanded and was hurt several times in the fight.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement.

Comment

Working...
                      X