Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shane really shot or is Mora just a good fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankJack View Post
    Mora was a horrible style match up for Shane. When was the last time that Shane that Shane fought someone taller than him that wasn't coming forward and being the constant aggressor? When has Shane ever had to really chase someone down? Despite the critics criticism, Sergio does have talent and was giving Shane fits in that ring.

For most of the fight, Shane couldn't land or catch up with Sergio. For most of the night Sergio landed more on the inside while Shane overshot most of his punches. Shane allowed himself to fall into Sergio's rhythm for a large portion of the night and also allowed himself to be clinched every time he got close. The only adjustment Shane made in the night was to throw the little flurries of punches that he started throwing in the last 3 rounds when he should have been throwing in combination throughout the night. Mora should have kept his pace going in the final rounds.

I don't think this gives the answer as to whether Shane is or isn't shot, I think this only REAFFIRMS what kind of fighter Mosley can't deal with. And I'm kind of surprised that many thought Shane would just blast this guy out of there.
    Finally!!! someone that actually knows what they are talking about, I hope Mosley fights Angulo next and you would see how great he would look in that fight.

Comment

mora is a good fighter, although he beat a badly overtrained version of forrest hes still a former world champion who clearly has some good skills. on top of that hes a much bigger man than mosley.

that said i think shane beat him pretty big. alot of time ppl accuse fighters of running not knowing the difference between lateral movement and running. well let me put it this way, moving is part of boxing (hit and not get hit), u land then u get out of the way. running is just getting out of the way without any intentions of landing, thats what mora did for much of the fight. RUNNING!

im always defending fighters who use their legs to box from fake fans who think the only way to fight is in a phonebooth, but there is simply no way to defend moras performance (or lack of) in the early rounds. even in the last couple of rounds when he was trying to win rounds i thought mosley was sharper, mora was just throwing shoe shine punches while shane was turning his body into shots and punching with power. meanwhile landing just as clean and often as mora and backing him up at all times.

another word ppl like to throw out is robbery, its a close fight and they have one guy winning by a point and he doesnt get it so its a robbery. this was a real robbery, it wasnt close and it didnt come down to 1-3 points. mosley won clearly, i cant tell u by how much cuz i stopped counting at some point in the fight since he was clearly winning big (i thought!).

mora is a good fighter, mosley beat him convincingly and is clearly not shot. that said hes clearly not in his prime either, in his prime he wouldve knocked mora out in 6-7 rounds. but hes still game, hes still one of the best p4p fighters in the world aswell which tells u how truly great he was in his prime. none of this pacquiao, mayweather bull****. talented fighters, yes. great fighters, hell no.. bcuz they dont fight the best, they choose the right fight at the right time. shane lost a few times but its bcuz he always took on anyone. hes a throwback to the old days and a true champion. i gain more respect for mosley every time he fights.

shane is one of the greatest things to ever happen to this sport, especially considering at what point in time hes fighting. i love shane mosley, no ****.
      Last edited by #1Assassin; 09-19-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Mosley just doesnt done well against slippery or slick fighter period. Dont know why anyone is suprised, Before the fight i said Mosley would lose and his performace shows.
        I dont think its that simple, dont know if your just trying to indirectly prop up Floyd's win over Shane, but its true, IMO, that a prime Shane would of still had issues with someone like Mora, but you would also have to think that a prime Mosley, who was simply on a higher level than Mora, only with a more consistent workrate, sharper reflexes than the one we see now, would of beaten Mora convincingly in his prime, so i dont know how anyone could insinuate his age did not play a factor in WHY! he looked so poor, that is was simply a style issue, cause consistency, workrate can negate those issues in some circumstances, which Mosley utilized against Mora in certain rounds.

This is what i posted before the fight.

This could be an interesting fight though imo, Mora, if nothing else, has a very herky jerky style and uses lots of feints, thats what gave Forrest so much trouble in the first fight, that and the fact Forrest was not 100%, Mosley really is starting to slow down to, his performances, as seems to be the case with all aged fighters, are starting to go up and down, so i would not be shocked to see Mora give him some issues in the fight, Mosley's reflexes are shot imo, his stamina seems to have gone to.

Comment

Anyone who thinks this was just a case of Mora being a bad matchup or that his spoiler tactics were the primary reason for Mosley looking as bad as he did are both stupid and ignorant.

Rather than look at what Mora was doing,why not try watching what Mosley was trying and failing to do.The only difference between the Mosley of the Mora fight and the Mosley of the Mayweather fight is that Mosley was alot more active,particularly in the late rounds.Mosley was still tight as a duck's arse.Mosley still lacked any steam whatsoever behind his punches.He tried getting off those explosive type flurries that he's still been able to produce over the last few years,and they came out as pitter-pat flurries - devoid of any real power or accuracy.

Quite simply,Shane Mosley is a shot fighter.He doesn't have it in him anymore to compete at the level that he probably wants to continue at.

He's done!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 09-19-2010, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Yeah ok Mora was a bad match-up stylistically...but look at Shane at the punches he was throwing, slapping weakness.

Comment

His steroids stop working.

Cotto beat a juiced up Mosley, something Fraud Mayweather Jr. couldn't do.

Comment

People have an irrational hate for Mora which I can't really explain. Maybe its cuz' he was on a reality tv show and they're jealous or maybe they don't like his fighting style.

I would believe the latter if there weren't so many guys that fought even more boring than him like Berto, Dawson, Dirrell, Ward or Fraud, yet they still have a few fans between them.

When it comes down to it, Mora is a good fighter with a good solid skillset. He pretty much outboxed, outmaneuvered, outsmarted and landed all the best punches last night against Mosley.

I had him winning pretty much every round.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                  People have an irrational hate for Mora which I can't really explain. Maybe its cuz' he was on a reality tv show and they're jealous or maybe they don't like his fighting style.

I would believe the latter if there weren't so many guys that fought even more boring than him like Berto, Dawson, Dirrell, Ward or Fraud, yet they still have a few fans between them.

When it comes down to it, Mora is a good fighter with a good solid skillset. He pretty much outboxed, outmaneuvered, outsmarted and landed all the best punches last night against Mosley.

I had him winning pretty much every round.
                  Co-sign^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

[QUOTE=starkiller;9258665]Floyd is once again exposed.

This actually makes Pacquiao look worse than Mayweather...

Comment

Little of both, Mosley really doesnt have a style to have him going for too much longer...slick/slugger who takes a number of shots every time he fights it was only a matter of time before age caught up with him, and that was probably a couple years back. Mora is a solid fighter who had trouble making the weight, and he didnt fight that way which is what surprised me, he had a surprising spring in his step and his punches had a decent pop to them. Mosley has the speed to frustrate some fighters even at age 39 and thats what I feel is keeping him in the game, is he wants to keep from losing he should take on only face first fighters...

what do yall think of a JC Chavez Jr. vs Mosley showdown, considering Mosley is declining and JC is improving slowly I feel it could serve for solid war.

Comment

Working...
                      X