Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who beat Kessler more impressively in your own opinion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who beat Kessler more impressively in your own opinion?

Joe Calzaghe: First to beat Kessler and he did it in clean fashion without using his head as a third punch and without excessively tying up one arm of the fighter so they couldn't use that hand to fend him off.

Andre Ward:
    Dominated Kessler with beautiful inside fighting, they gave credit to Calzaghe for some game-plan they said they saw Calzaghe use in his fight against Kessler. Was it inside fighting to the body maybe? Or did they see Calzaghe headbutt the **** out of Kessler?
    Calzaghe
    38.71%
    Ward
    38.71%
    Undecided
    6.45%
    I think both did great!
    16.13%

Simply put, Joe outclassed him. Ward F'd him up.

Comment

Carl Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHLOC View Post
        Carl Froch.
        Carl Froch got his ass beat and even was hurt several times in that fight, I think a 7-5 scorecard for Kessler was an accurate scoring. Abraham is going to kill Froch.

Comment

Froch was robbed.

Comment

Ward won every minute of every round, Calzaghe didn't quite do that.

Both fights were no doubters, but Ward had Kessler on the verge of a KO, the ref stopped the fight after the biggest right hand he landed all night. For all the *****ing that Kessler's fans do about the referee... well they should kiss his ass for saving Mikkel from a KO by making a poorly times trip to the ring doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Ward won every minute of every round, Calzaghe didn't quite do that.

Both fights were no doubters, but Ward had Kessler on the verge of a KO, the ref stopped the fight after the biggest right hand he landed all night. For all the *****ing that Kessler's fans do about the referee... well they should kiss his ass for saving Mikkel from a KO by making a poorly times trip to the ring doctor.
              Good Assesment, I think Calzaghe was still more impressive b/c of the hype behind this fight was huge. Kessler was the young hungry lion and undefeated coming in with 2 titles and Calzaghe actually hurt Kessler but no the degree of Ward. 1 thing for sure is that there were many collisions and unintentioal head butts so with that I think Calzaghe's performance was better b/c it was clean and consise, (no controvery). Its all good like I said you have a good assesment and I can respect that, it was definatly a coming out party for Andre Ward.

Comment

Kessler might have only gotten KO'ed against Ward because he wouldn't have been able to see the punches coming. The blood was probably making his vision blurry, or seeing spots.

Comment

Calzaghe..

Comment

its more or less even. Ward beat Kessler more one-sidedly than Calzaghe did, thats for sure...was in total control, while Calzaghe actually lost a few rounds against Kessler. but Calzaghe did probably beat a fresher Kessler. so its probably about the same to me.

Ward had swept every round before the first headbutt even happened, so I dont like hearing excuses about how the headbutts effected the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X