Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Manny Pac recent body of work pushed him too..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has Manny Pac recent body of work pushed him too..

Fighter of the decade, n1 p4p, top 25 atg (according to some) etc
    I mean he was well know for his fights with Barrera/Morales/Marquez but he seems to have blown up since the Dela Hoya fight and become massive. Without really doing anything near what he achieved in the past at the lower weights... His career from Dela Hoya onwards has been clearly cherry picking by Roach and Arum its so clear, i just don't understand how in the last 2 years based of it he is now a top 25 atg.. when he wasn't near that before?

Oscar Dela Hoya: Not fought at 147 in all most 10 years, was reportedly on a drip prior to the fight and even Roach claimed that "Oscar can't pull the trigger no more".

Ricky Hatton: A good fighter in my view but one who really harmed himself bloating up to near 200 pounds between fights and having little in the way of defense. He was knocked out 3 fights previous to facing Pacquiao and saved by a english ref vs a journyman in Lazcano. Don't let the Paulie fight fool you, Hatton could walk through his weak ass shots and maul him to death. Also remeber the classic Roach quote? "Ricky Hatton is just not a very good champion"

Cotto: Now i honestly thought he would lose this fight here, he hadn't taken any punishment by bigger fighters up to this point and i wasn't sure he could handle it. Props to him he was more then able to take Cotto's power and this was a very good win. However lets not forget what Roach said: "Cotto is damaged goods mentally" and that the fight took place at Catchweight. Cotto is now fighting at 154 pounds and looking pretty good for the weight.. read into that what you will..... I also think Roach was spot on cause after the 2nd knockdown Cotto practically just ran and infuriated Pac by doing so

Clottey: Not considered a threat at all hence the reason no CW was involved, why is it needed for Cotto/Margaritto but not the never has been or never will be great fighter in Clottey? I mean Clottey is certainly bigger then Cotto after all and is about the same size as Margaritto. When people say Clottey is a top 5-10 ww it just shows that the WW scene isn't in a great state outside the top few.

So how does this exactly propel pacquaio too the status he is at now? i don't get it. Sure he started at a very low weight class and has won many titles, but people forget he had no ams career. If Shane Mosley/Floyd Mayweather/Oscar etc didn't have an ams career they would have started at far lower weights and won titles lower down even if they lost a couple more fights. It's not like people hold those loses against Pac anyway..
    Clear and disgraceful cherry picking by Arum and Roach
    15.79%
    Some clever management/match making
    21.05%
    No easy fights, he fought the best
    63.16%

not this again.........

Comment

Originally posted by shogun tua View Post
      not this again.........
      Not what again?? i just want to know why he has suddenly become the greatest fighter of the decade and legendary fighter over the last 2-3 years. when really his body of work over that time is far far less impressive then his stuff before David Diaz

Comment

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
        Not what again?? i just want to know why he has suddenly become the greatest fighter of the decade and legendary fighter over the last 2-3 years. when really his body of work over that time is far far less impressive then his stuff before David Diaz
        not 'that' again man... its old... and we know

thats why it makes some people wonder

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
            Fighter of the decade, n1 p4p, top 25 atg (according to some) etc
            I mean he was well know for his fights with Barrera/Morales/Marquez but he seems to have blown up since the Dela Hoya fight and become massive. Without really doing anything near what he achieved in the past at the lower weights... His career from Dela Hoya onwards has been clearly cherry picking by Roach and Arum its so clear, i just don't understand how in the last 2 years based of it he is now a top 25 atg.. when he wasn't near that before?

Oscar Dela Hoya: Not fought at 147 in all most 10 years, was reportedly on a drip prior to the fight and even Roach claimed that "Oscar can't pull the trigger no more".

Ricky Hatton: A good fighter in my view but one who really harmed himself bloating up to near 200 pounds between fights and having little in the way of defense. He was knocked out 3 fights previous to facing Pacquiao and saved by a english ref vs a journyman in Lazcano. Don't let the Paulie fight fool you, Hatton could walk through his weak ass shots and maul him to death. Also remeber the classic Roach quote? "Ricky Hatton is just not a very good champion"

Cotto: Now i honestly thought he would lose this fight here, he hadn't taken any punishment by bigger fighters up to this point and i wasn't sure he could handle it. Props to him he was more then able to take Cotto's power and this was a very good win. However lets not forget what Roach said: "Cotto is damaged goods mentally" and that the fight took place at Catchweight. Cotto is now fighting at 154 pounds and looking pretty good for the weight.. read into that what you will..... I also think Roach was spot on cause after the 2nd knockdown Cotto practically just ran and infuriated Pac by doing so

Clottey: Not considered a threat at all hence the reason no CW was involved, why is it needed for Cotto/Margaritto but not the never has been or never will be great fighter in Clottey? I mean Clottey is certainly bigger then Cotto after all and is about the same size as Margaritto. When people say Clottey is a top 5-10 ww it just shows that the WW scene isn't in a great state outside the top few.

So how does this exactly propel pacquaio too the status he is at now? i don't get it. Sure he started at a very low weight class and has won many titles, but people forget he had no ams career. If Shane Mosley/Floyd Mayweather/Oscar etc didn't have an ams career they would have started at far lower weights and won titles lower down even if they lost a couple more fights. It's not like people hold those loses against Pac anyway..
            Its obvious why some think he is the best boxer who ever lived.....Paul Malignaggi said it.

But dont take Roach saying Hatton isnt a really good champion as ammunition to downgrade Pac. Its just Roach has high levels of expectation. Just because he said Hatton wasnt any good, dont mean to say Hatton wouldnt give any boxer who ever lived a tough fight does it? Hatton would make it hard and did make it hard for ever boxer he fought, apart from Pac!!!!!!!!!!!

As for DLH Pac still needed to beat DLH and he couldnt do it any more better than he did.
            Clottey may not have been the best, but his assesment of Pac that Pac was the best hes ever fought must be taken into consideration. Clottey has fougth everyone yet thinks Pac is the best. So how can you deny Pac? Cotto said the same. Dont look too much into what Roach said about Cotto. Just because Roach didnt think Cotto was all their mentally, Pac still had to do the job on him.

Comment

Oooooh myyyy Goooood. It seems these Pac-May threads are slowly creeping back after this Toney thing blew over........

Comment

He's fighting a couple of divisions above his natural weight class and he's totally dominating everyone he faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
                  He's fighting a couple of divisions above his natural weight class and he's totally dominating everyone he faces.
                  not just dominating he's knocking guys out making them quit on their stool and just generally tearing to pieces bonafide champions

yes we know about oscar and hatton and cotto being shopworn

still impressive how this "midget" as floyd calls him is destroying every one he faces and other than Mayweather i think he'd do the same to any fighter out there bar maybe paul williams or sergio martinez

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
                    He is not a natural 135 pounder these days come on

140 at least he has got bigger and looks far stronger physically

Comment

Working...
                    X