No announcement yet.

The difference between Boxing and MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
    In a real street fight, the two opponents does not have gloves on so basically most of the real street fights end up by a good punch shot.
    usually lucky punches.

most guys don't know how to punch.

Comment

mma guys trash out sport all the time and have done so for many years.

Comment

you are really missing the underlying point here. why the **** does it matter who would win in a "real" fight? so i guess brock lesnar is superior to derek jeter and michael phelps because he would win in a "real" street fight? that's ****n bull****. why does it even matter? if you really wanna prepare for a street fight, just carry a gun or knife around with you instead of training 5+ hours a day.

i personally prefer boxing, but i can understand people liking other sports more, and that's exactly what mma is, another sport.

Comment

okay where the **** are the mods this is a boxing forum we need all the antiboxing **** in controlth

Comment

Originally posted by turdleburgle View Post
            mma guys trash out sport all the time and have done so for many years.
            mma fighters? or mma fans?

1. mma fighters usually like boxing. they train boxing a little.

2. mma fans? only a minority of them and there's idiots in any fanbase. most mma fans i know are boxing fans too.

Comment

An MMAer may beat a boxer in a cage but all that gay humpin' won't work in real life!

Imagine if there's more than one opponent in a street fight or other combat situation. Striking still reigns supreme...

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
                Imagine if there's more than one opponent in a street fight or other combat situation. Striking still reigns supreme...
                2010, shooting or stabbing reigns supreme son.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                  Rookie boxer destroys Don Frye in street fight.

You were aware that Don Frye was hammered out of his tree that night, right?

Comment

Damn why aren't these lames being banned or at least having these threads deleted or moved to the MMA section?

Comment

Originally posted by BMD View Post
                      Boxing is the sport of PUNCHING. MMA is the sport of FIGHTING.

Boxing is fake fighting. And don't take that the wrong way. Boxing truly is a sweet science. But what I mean by "fake fighting" that is it is highly focused. In a real fight, the distances are different. The stance has to be different. You can't just stand there with your gloves in front of your face waiting to pick a shot. The footwork has to be different. Because there is no threat of a takedown or getting kicked or pushed up against a fence, or held, tripped, swept, etc, then it creates fake techniques that aren't realistic in a real fight.

You cannot use boxing footwork and stances and a lot of techniques because in a real fight there are many other threats. You may be out of punching range, but you are still in kicking range. You can't stand upright because you can get taken down. It's just a completely different game.

A lot of people say well I'd like to see MMA guys get in the boxing ring and get owned. And they would. Because boxing is a highly specific sport. Think of it this way... a boxer can enter an MMA fight with still with ALL of their tools, while an MMA fighter in a boxing match has to leave most of his tools at home.

Does anybody kind of understand what I am saying about boxing being such a small, specific part of fighting that a lot of what you can get away with in a boxing match you would never be able to do in a real fight?

And try to be civil, and try to debate in a reasonable manner. I respect boxing the same as MMA. But to say boxers are better FIGHTERS just isn't true.
                      Just because one moron got owned by a 49yr old doesnt mean boxing is inferior.Let's face it James Toney cant beat any legitimate fighter right now,he cant even beat Samuel Peter.James Toney has no movement and was an easy take down.A good fighter would have switched off Couture's lights out.

Comment

Working...
                      X