So boxing is useless in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bawzz View Post
    What are you talking about ?

Pet Sounds / Viciousz says he would beat up any MMA fighter/grappler. sunthunder tell him to go to an MMA gym to see if he can succeed.
    And your reaction is, why don't grappler go to a boxing gym ?

What don't you understand here ?
    Don't you see you said something really dumb here ?
    I completely disregarded what "Viciousz" wrote. My post had nothing to do with his.
    Please proofread next time BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
      Yes I forgot to add dirty hits.

But where I'm from, you would keep on beating on him until someone stopped you.

If you knocked the person down, you keep on going until one your homeboys stops you.
      Nah thats not me, when i kicked the gus ass and he couldnt stand up anymore, im not gonna start wrestling on the ground

Plus i lived in the bronx and if you kicked the guys ass real bad, next day you would get jumped by liike 10 people with brass nuckles and chains.

Comment

Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
        Nah thats not me, when i kicked the gus ass and he couldnt stand up anymore, im not gonna start wrestling on the ground

Plus i lived in the bronx and if you kicked the guys ass real bad, next day you would get jumped by liike 10 people with brass nuckles and chains.
        hahahaha.

East Coast is definitely different from the West Coast I can tell you that much.

Comment

As a young man I was a decent amatuer boxer, a very good wrestler, and an oustanding street fighter. In a street fight I always tried to avoid going to the ground. A guy who knows how to throw a basic 1-1-2, 1-2-3, and 3-2, and has a modicum of defensive skill, will nearly always beat holy hell out of an average street fighter.

Comment

hahahaha.

East Coast is definitely different from the West Coast I can tell you that much.
            Lol My friend in HS was this Geeky looking asian kid, and some gang member desides to pick a fight with him. What he didnt know is the asian kid didnt let anybody ****k with him and just completely kicked his ass until the kids eye was completely shut and he started crying.

Next day im walking with him and all the sudden like 10 people start chasing him with Brass nuckles and chains right in front of my HS.

The asian kid just ran to a cop car and and the cops just laid out and tackled 5 of the guys. Next day he got jumped again and they gave racoon eyes.

Comment

Never underestimate the element of surprise.

If a MMA fighter and a boxer met on the streets it would go down like this:

MMA fighter is trained in all aspects of fighting, including striking, now remember the MMA fighter DOESNT KNOW he's fighting a trained boxer, so naturually he's going to attempt to stand up with this anonymous ******* who dares challenge me, I'm a ****ing cage fighter.

Now the boxer only knows how to do one thing, but he's trained in that one thing down to a mother****ing science, so he's going to square up with the MMA fighter.

I believe by the time the MMA fighter realized "Holy ****, this guy can throw a ****ing punch" he's going to be knocked out on the ground. I truly believe an MMA figher in a street fight is going to attempt to box, just because he's trained in boxing a little bit, and he's going to be arrogant and assume the regular civilian has no ****ing clue on how to fight.

What happened today was a sanctioned fight. We all KNEW Tony was a boxer. Couture already knew he wasnt going to stand a chance if he tried to box with him.

In a street fight the MMA fighter doesn't know the guy he's fighting knows how to box or vise-versa. But all fights start standing up. So that's my two-cents.

Never underestimate the element of surprise. I'd give the boxer an edge in a street fight.
              Last edited by PhooLzRUs; 08-29-2010, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
                Never underestimate the element of surprise.

If a MMA fighter and a boxer met on the streets it would go down like this:

MMA fighter is trained in all aspects of fighting, including striking, now remember the MMA fighter DOESNT KNOW he's fighting a trained boxer, so naturually he's going to attempt to stand up with this anonymous ******* who dares challenge me, I'm a ****ing cage fighter.

Now the boxer only knows how to do one thing, but he's trained in that one thing down to a mother****ing science, so he's going to square up with the MMA fighter.

I believe by the time the MMA fighter realized "Holy ****, this guy can throw a ****ing punch" he's going to be knocked out on the ground. I truly believe an MMA figher in a street fight is going to attempt to box, just because he's trained in boxing a little bit, and he's going to be arrogant and assume the regular civilian has no ****ing clue on how to fight.

What happened today was a sanctioned fight. We all KNEW Tony was a boxer. Couture already knew he wasnt going to stand a chance if he tried to box with him.

In a street fight the MMA fighter doesn't know the guy he's fighting knows how to box or vise-versa. But all fights start standing up. So that's my two-cents.

Never underestimate the element of surprise. I'd give the boxer an edge in a street fight.
                hmmm.

this actually makes sense.

green k.

Comment

Good point phoolz

Comment

Uhhh.

I'd still take the boxer over the mma dude.

Simply because it takes longer for you to take someone down than to punch someone in the face.
                    That's actually a good point. But we're assuming the person going for the shoot can be cracked out really fast. Yah.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

thanks y'all.

Comment

Working...
                      X