• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

war toney!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
      yet you are a Margarito fan?

Whats worse? Steroids cuz of a pituitary gland injury or using plaster to knock someone out??

hmm
      I'm just calling out the ones that **** on Margarito and not giving other cheaters the same treatment.

Doesn't matter in the end they are all cheaters right/?

Comment

this yahoo article on the weigh in. Looks like James Toney doesnt look fit enough to take the fight to Couture.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-265735

UFC 118 weigh-in: 237 pounds! Did Toney take this seriously?

By Steve Cofield

What happened to all the hard work? We heard James Toney had gotten himself into shape. You can crow about being in the best condition of your life but the scale doesn't lie. Toney stepped on stage Friday at the UFC 118 weigh-in and checked in at a ridiculous 237 pounds. That matches his heaviest weight ever as a boxer. It's 20 pounds heavier than his last boxing match just 11 months ago against Matthew Greer.

Toney takes on the legend Randy Couture on Saturday night and needs to be light on his feet, try to avoid Couture's takedowns and take advantage of the speed in his hands. He didn't help his cause by showing up at a blubbery 237. And with all the smack-talking Toney has done lately, this certainly doesn't look good for the 42-year-old boxer.

Many experts already weren't giving Toney a chance, anyway. Toney holds a boxing record of 72-6-3, but will step into the Octagon for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgeshills View Post
          this yahoo article on the weigh in. Looks like James Toney doesnt look fit enough to take the fight to Couture.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma-265735

UFC 118 weigh-in: 237 pounds! Did Toney take this seriously?

By Steve Cofield

What happened to all the hard work? We heard James Toney had gotten himself into shape. You can crow about being in the best condition of your life but the scale doesn't lie. Toney stepped on stage Friday at the UFC 118 weigh-in and checked in at a ridiculous 237 pounds. That matches his heaviest weight ever as a boxer. It's 20 pounds heavier than his last boxing match just 11 months ago against Matthew Greer.

Toney takes on the legend Randy Couture on Saturday night and needs to be light on his feet, try to avoid Couture's takedowns and take advantage of the speed in his hands. He didn't help his cause by showing up at a blubbery 237. And with all the smack-talking Toney has done lately, this certainly doesn't look good for the 42-year-old boxer.

Many experts already weren't giving Toney a chance, anyway. Toney holds a boxing record of 72-6-3, but will step into the Octagon for the first time.

Jesus what a way to make yahoo news I just read that, Lets all pray James Toney comes out of this one okay. Toney is the type to get himself killed b/c he doesn't keep himself in good enough shape and a guy at 5'9 shouldn't weigh 240 pounds.

Comment

dam i donno what to think anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
              dam i donno what to think anymore
              How about "what a ****in dumbass for not training at a decent school".

Comment

LMAO @ someone comparing Toney to Tony.

Just LMAO.

Anyway...I hope James smashes Couture's jaw to smithereens. When is it?

Comment

anyone else say a prayer to the boxing gods?

Comment

damn i knew he wasn't really taking this b.s. that serious but coming in at a career high? pretty funny stuff. I hope he KO's Couture with his love handles though. WAR TONEY!

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Slick View Post
                      this is easy money for Toney, all he needs to do i stay on his feet with good foot work and once Couture starts swinging wildly, drop a counter right and pound him till its stopped.
                      I'd love to see Toney win, but Couture is going right for his legs. Once he's on his back, Toney will be as helpless as an upside down turtle.

Comment

Working...
                      X