Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you think if Mayweather takes another superior opponent to Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    how could it be inhouse when floyf is not a gbp fighter. he is not on the roster.

he just does business with them.
    He wouldn't be on HBO without them, just because he has "Mayweather Productions" he's still Oscars *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
      Lets get one thing clear, Mayweather didnt plan to fight Mosley! The Haiti quake and Bertos decision to not fight made it possible. If the Clottey fight wasnt done Im sure Pac vs Mosley would have been made but it was too late.

Funny post all around.

Pac and his team NEVER wanted to fight Shane, NEVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Are you too stupid to remember than Manny agreed to everything Floyd asked and it was Floyd who ran from the fight? Manny took his next best money option and that is Margarito its as simple as that, stop looking into things like Manny is ducking. You make the most money possible if you can't get Floyd you get the next best thing, you may not like his choice but its the most logical one. Besides, Manny hasn't beat up on a mexican since Oscar I'm sure he misses the feeling.
        Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        i tried to find the info for what manny agree to. could you please give me a link. thank u
        Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Where is your proof that he agreed to everything?
        thats what I thought
        you dont have it
        This is rather interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nature Boy View Post
          That is the perception, but this is the reality...

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382
          Posting links with facts doesn't go over to well around here so its better make up lies.

Comment

Floyd would NEVER do that!!!!!!

Comment

He wouldn't be on HBO without them, just because he has "Mayweather Productions" he's still Oscars *****.
              ....so what exactly did Manny agree to in the "negotiations"? Enlighten everyone,because nobody knows what Manny agreed to or wouldn't agree to with randomized testing.It is odd that you seem to hold the answers!

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                Posting links with facts doesn't go over to well around here so its better make up lies.
                So Floyd used the old "price yourself out" duck, what's your point.

Comment

Just when I thought every dumbass ***** had learned their lesson I'll have to teach another one. Mayweather wanted Cotto when Cotto was still at 140... that is like Mayweather calling out Maidana, Bradely, Alexander, Khan right now. The guys are good but they are not ready to fight Mayweather they need more time, Floyd was trying to get Cotto early to simply say "I fought him already." Cotto hadn't even beaten Paulie at the time and Mayweather is asking to face him thats more of a b.itch more than a man move.
                  Mayweather wanted Cotto when he was still trying to make a name for himself in the sport. He was calling out everybody then, Mosley included. Mayweather was still at 40 himself when he tried to get Cotto in the ring. Cotto sat there and had a 1st-hand look at Mayweather in the Gatti fight, and decided he wasn't ready. How you spin that into a "b*tch move" on Mayweather's part is beyond me.

It's obvious you have an anti-Mayweather agenda. Mayweather calling out Cotto 5 years ago is nothing like him hypothetically calling out Bradley, Alexander, or Maidana today in 2010. At least try to be rational.

Also, there is such a thing as pricing yourself out. Floyd wanted 10 million fine, but Arum knew there was no way he could get that much money on Floyd/Marg Floyd/Cotto at the time, they weren't big enough names at the time.
                  The same way that Arum knew that Mayweather couldn't get $20 million to fight De La Hoya too huh? You're really vouching for Arum huh? Something tells me that you'd vouch for anybody to spite Mayweather.

This is the problem with guys of your ilk, Floyd can do no wrong so let me pull a Floyd on you.
                  On the contrary, everything Mayweather does is wrong according to people of your ilk.

If Floyd accepts a fight with Manny but Manny then says I want 30 million, Floyd doesn't want to pay that so its ok for Manny to fight someone else because Floyd doesn't want to give up that much money. Thats what Floyd has done his entire career with fights he doesn't want, he asks for an amount of money that the promoter can't possibly pay, its called "pricing yourself out." Every other normal minded person knows its floyd running from a challenge.
                  This is more garbage. You spew this hater rhetoric, but all you're doing is basing your comments on what Arum has said and I've just pointed out that Arum was proven wrong by Mayweather. Since you feel the need to couch and cosign for Arum, why was he offering Mayweather less money for a fight with Cotto and Hatton($7 mill) than he was for a fight with Margarito($8 mill)? Cotto and Hatton were clearly bigger names than Margarito, even back then. Mayweather's decision to leave Arum instead of following Arum and his career plan was probably the best decision of his life. He got the $8 mill Arum was offering for Margarito to fight Baldomir, then went on to make the $20 mill fight with Del La Hoya that Arum said wasn't available. Plus he probably got something around that to fight Hatton as well.

You haters don't use your brains, you just blindly hate and thats where you mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                    b/c pac walked away. and anyone with half a brain knows that arum wasnt trying to make the fight happen with floyd with his BS "negotations" and silly time clock
                    If u believe that, good luck getting your G.E.D.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
                      Mayweather wanted Cotto when he was still trying to make a name for himself in the sport. He was calling out everybody then, Mosley included. Mayweather was still at 40 himself when he tried to get Cotto in the ring. Cotto sat there and had a 1st-hand look at Mayweather in the Gatti fight, and decided he wasn't ready. How you spin that into a "b*tch move" on Mayweather's part is beyond me.
                      That statement alone should keep me from posting anything else about this. Floyd had just fought Gatti as you stated, Cotto had maybe 20 fights you dumbass, and you expect him to accept a fight from Floyd? Floyd might as well call out Bradley, he's had one fight on HBO Cotto didn't have that. This is the entire reason you Floyd fans are impossible to talk to, Floyd already asked Cotto. It doesn't matter the time, if he called out Cotto with 1 fight he did it and Cotto didn't accept thus its his fault. The ***** move on Mayweathers part is when Cotto was ready and HBO was building the fight Floyd retired.

It's obvious you have an anti-Mayweather agenda. Mayweather calling out Cotto 5 years ago is nothing like him hypothetically calling out Bradley, Alexander, or Maidana today in 2010. At least try to be rational.
                      Why isn't it the same thing? Cotto hadn't had any PPV fights to that point and had only been on BaD. That was my entire point, its a PERFECT analogy if you can't figure that out I'm not going to make any progress trying to get my point across as it'd be like talking to a bag of rocks.

The same way that Arum knew that Mayweather couldn't get $20 million to fight De La Hoya too huh? You're really vouching for Arum huh? Something tells me that you'd vouch for anybody to spite Mayweather.
                      I've said this countless times, Arum doesn't run Cotto's career. Todd Debouf does, so stop blaming ARUMS choices for Floyds career on Cotto. If Arum didn't think Floyd would get 20 million to fight DLH then its his problem not mine, Cotto's, or yours. I don't even know why this is an issue... I mean hell, him asking for 10 million to fight Cotto and Marg BOTH OF WHICH NEVER HAD PPV is a b.itch f.ukcing move. He purposely picked an insane number so they fights wouldn't be made. Again I doubt you'll understand this, but I'll keep posting away.

On the contrary, everything Mayweather does is wrong according to people of your ilk.
                      My ilk? You have what like 2 posts on here. Who exactly are people of my ilk? Also tell me exactly what I believe in, I'd love to hear it. Mayweather has only done a few things wrong IMO. He retired when the Cotto fight was THE fight in '08. Then this last time with Manny's acceptance of Floyds terms, I said it before I will say it again, I don't know what Paq agreed to, I don't care. Floyd's guys said "No negotiations are taking place" and that was a bold face lie, there was negotiations and Floyd didn't even want to hear about them. Once again he proved he is a giant vagina.

This is more garbage. You spew this hater rhetoric, but all you're doing is basing your comments on what Arum has said and I've just pointed out that Arum was proven wrong by Mayweather. Since you feel the need to couch and cosign for Arum, why was he offering Mayweather less money for a fight with Cotto and Hatton($7 mill) than he was for a fight with Margarito($8 mill)? Cotto and Hatton were clearly bigger names than Margarito, even back then. Mayweather's decision to leave Arum instead of following Arum and his career plan was probably the best decision of his life. He got the $8 mill Arum was offering for Margarito to fight Baldomir, then went on to make the $20 mill fight with Del La Hoya that Arum said wasn't available. Plus he probably got something around that to fight Hatton as well.
                      So let me get this straight, he wanted 10 million to face Cotto and Marg yet accepted 8 million to fight Baldomir. Do I really need to say anything else...

You haters don't use your brains, you just blindly hate and thats where you mess up.
                      Its funny, because I don't hate Floyd. I think he is a superb boxer with amazing gifts and talents. The problem is that if you don't like Floyd's ego, or his career choices you are labeled a hater because, unlike you, I don't have his coc.k and balls in my mouth.
                      Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 08-27-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X