Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article about Floyd mayweather and Sugar Ray leanord Legacies, GOOD read**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray didnt beat the living out of Ayub Kalule so how is he going to do that to Floyd. Kalule is one of the slowest 154 champs in history and was able to nail Ray a lot in that fight and won 3 out of the 9 pounds, The fight was 5-3 before Ray stopped him. I doubt Kalule wins a round against Floyd.

Im not saying Floyd wins just its a tossup

Comment

i personally am too young too really have watched manny sugar ray fights...im only 21 but im watching some on youtube right now...

Comment

Leonard is my favorite fighter of all time so I know this will sound biased. I feel that Leonard has the better resume and if he fought Mayweather 10 times, he wins 10 times. You have to admit one thing, Floyd Jr's style is identical to Floyd Sr's. Leonard had some trouble catching Sr, but when he did, he destoyed him. If Floyd can get rocked the way he did against Mosley,what would he do against a guy like Leonard who would have continued to throw the right hand all night? Floyd stated the whole time that Mosley didn't have a jab. Well Leonard had a damn good jab and was consistent with it. I will admit, Floyd is the better technician of the two, but Leonard in his prime was the total package.Great jab, good right hand, deadly left hook and uppercut, great combinations, solid defense with a great chin,excellent body attack,could fight coming forward as well as going back,and always found a way to win. If he couldn't outbox Floyd,then he would out grit him and out fight him. Plus, he always was a master of showmanship in the big event. His weaknesses are just not weak enough for Floyd to expose him. Those check hooks that Floyd throws would not work against an opponent fast as Ray. He would get caught with the overhand right. Floyd's biggest advantage against all of his opponents is his ring intelligents. The man is simply a master boxer. The difference fighting Ray would be the fact that Ray is is a wizard in the ring as well and would not be outsmarted. So to sum this up, I'm not taking away nothing from Floyd or any opponent he has fought. I'm just stressing that fighters like Sugar Ray Leonard come once every 25 or 30 years. He comes from the same cloth as Ali and Robinson.There are fighters that come along with some of his gifts and strengths like a Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya, Pernell Whitaker, Terry Norris, but never the full package. They all lacked in one area or other. If it wasn't for the eye injury and early retirement, Leonard could have went down in history as the best ever. Mayweather will have to put some much bigger names of boxers in their prime on his resume to stand up to that.

Comment

1981 Leonard would easily beat 2009 Floyd. Easily.

2005 Floyd would have a much better chance.

Comment

**** article.

No better than any poster here.

Although i agree.

Comparing Leonard beating Hearns to Floyd beating JMM is plain stupid.

Comment

Still trying to make the Marquez fight look legit. Worthy adversary my ass.

Comment

Working...
              X