Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez has absouletly nothing on Floyd, except height and size ofcourse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
    i disagree with the thread...as I said before:

Matinez has a great chance because of the following factors
    1. Movement
    2. Activity
    3. Accuracy/Volume
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=11
    I didn't even mention his southpaw stance, his speed (respectable), and size.

This is a very intriguing match, and to think Mayweather blows out Martinez is crazy. Martinez has a great chance, and can pull off an upset.
    Finally someone with some sense!!Jab Judah was beating Floyd in with that southpaw stance & good speed before he slowed down!!Martinez is bigger fast as hell & hasn't fallen apart yet!!I think he'll beat Floyd,frankly speaking!!

Comment

I like Martinez...but realistically his style is effective against the Bigger and Slower guys at 160, guys like Pavlik and Williams, I don't see that style being effective against someone who is FASTER then him

Mayweather will be able to do what he want with Martinez IMO if they fight, I don't think Martinez has the Power to Hurt Mayweather so Mayweather will have no problem walking him down while Martinez is bouncing from side to side

but of course as usual before EVERY Mayweather fight people always build up his opponent and then when he beats that opponent they look for everything to try and discredit his win

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I like Martinez...but realistically his style is effective against the Bigger and Slower guys at 160, guys like Pavlik and Williams, I don't see that style being effective against someone who is FASTER then him

Mayweather will be able to do what he want with Martinez IMO if they fight, I don't think Martinez has the Power to Hurt Mayweather so Mayweather will have no problem walking him down while Martinez is bouncing from side to side

but of course as usual before EVERY Mayweather fight people always build up his opponent and then when he beats that opponent they look for everything to try and discredit his win
        IF,big if Floyd beat Martinez,there is nothing to discredit him with!!I believe U know that.There has been a lot of suspect things from Floyd,but fighting Martinez cannot be 1!!

Comment

Have you guys actually followed martinez's career?

It seems like everyone talks about the 2 fights (3, alot of cintron comments) where he was just completely outsized, and had to work harder than usual to be safe in there.

He had t omove more than ever before against the huge pavlik, and he had to move AND punch more than ever before against teh crazy volume of williams.

Floyd presents NONE of these obstacles.

Comment

sergio's a southpaw, bigger, pretty fast, if not the fastest for his division.

and im not sure if floyd would be as fast as he used to be in the lower weights than at 154.

edge for sergio on paper, but if he does away w/ that arrogant hands down defense, i think he'll win UD by a big margin, else floyd would counter him all night.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              Have you guys actually followed martinez's career?

It seems like everyone talks about the 2 fights (3, alot of cintron comments) where he was just completely outsized, and had to work harder than usual to be safe in there.

He had t omove more than ever before against the huge pavlik, and he had to move AND punch more than ever before against teh crazy volume of williams.

Floyd presents NONE of these obstacles.
              so now he goes from two BIGGER...SLOWER opponents to one of the quickest fighters in boxing...and I am suppose to believe that he is going to beat Mayweather because he beat Two Bigger but Slower guys? I don't see the connection there

when was the last time Martinez fought someone as fast as he was or even Faster? I respect for Martinez but I think he is doing so well at 154-160 MOSTLY because he is Quicker then all of them, what will happen when he is NOT the quicker guy? that is the bigger question

all this "Mayweather Struggle With Southpaw" is extremely overrated when you look at the fact that he ultimately end up dominated all of them as the fight went along, unfortunately I think the same thing would happen to Martinez, he will start off good in the first 3-4 Rounds then Mayweather figures him out and it becomes and boxing clinic
              Last edited by sicko; 08-25-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
                IF,big if Floyd beat Martinez,there is nothing to discredit him with!!I believe U know that.There has been a lot of suspect things from Floyd,but fighting Martinez cannot be 1!!
                hahaha...YEAHR RIGHT!!!

I can see it now

"Martinez was old he is 36"
                "Martinez was overrated"
                "Martinez lost to Margarito"

the hate on Mayweather will NEVER STOP!

Comment

so now he goes from two BIGGER...SLOWER opponents to one of the quickest fighters in boxing...and I am suppose to believe that he is going to beat Mayweather because he beat Two Bigger but Slower guys? I don't see the connection there

when was the last time Martinez fought someone as fast as he was or even Faster? I respect for Martinez but I think he is doing so well at 154-160 MOSTLY because he is Quicker then all of them, what will happen when he is NOT the quicker guy? that is the bigger question

all this "Mayweather Struggle With Southpaw" is extremely overrated when you look at the fact that he ultimately end up dominated all of them as the fight went along, unfortunately I think the same thing would happen to Martinez, he will start off good in the first 3-4 Rounds then Mayweather figures him out and it becomes and boxing clinic
                  That's the thing, when a southpaw gives Floyd a few problems for 2 or 3 rounds, people say he "struggled" against them. They completely block out the rounds where Floyd dominates the majority of the fight.

Floyd's the only fighter on the planet that "almost loses" when he loses a couple of rounds, and "almost gets knocked out" when he gets hit flush. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Martinez would be a step too far for Mr Mayweather.

Comment

i dunno if sergio can beat floyd, but he will give floyd a tough fight. and really, that's all we're asking for

Comment

Working...
                      X